Orange Bill Mess up

Guest scottusspez

Guest sporkguy

*sigh* they do this more often than you'd want to believe - and what gets my goat up is how rude some CSRs are to Phone Trainers when we're trying to explain the problem, and again you get the same old lines of "well they must have cancelled the payment" or "gotta wait another 24 hrs before I can do anything"

etc

Rubbish. If they were as trusting as they should be, they'd take your reference number and mark the balance as zero.

so much for 'The Customer's Always Right'

Guest Jorsher

hey, I'm in USA and work for cingular...so this might be wrong...but I know sometimes customers pay, posts to the account, is taken from their bank account...but then there's a problem (technical? I dunno) and the money is put on electronic hold then returned to the bank or whatever in about 3 days...

Guest pd.ryder

Don't we all....

They often sound extremely arrogant and won't consider that their information just might be wrong - "we'll just cut you off, sir" etc.

Some, just some, are complete ar*eholes :)

Guest hotphil

From their side I guess that as it's your contractual responsibility to ensure they receive the money on time, any non-payment (be it your, or your bank's error) is just that - a non-payment.

Guest pd.ryder
From their side I guess that as it's your contractual responsibility to ensure they receive the money on time, any non-payment (be it your, or your bank's error) is just that - a non-payment.
Not so when Direct Debit is the prefered payment method (see the DD guarrantee on the back of every mandate you sign). Plus, this must happen fairly often so you might think O's collections unit might be a little more understanding and allow time for further investigations. But no. They don't. And they expect payment there-and-then and threaten to suspend your service if you don't / can't cough up.

Guest hotphil

The DD guarantee offers you a full and immediate refund in the event of an error.

It doesn't ensure that any contractural obligations to provide funds to a DD recipient are met.

DD may be the preferred payment method, but it is separate from your phone contract. If your phone contract states that you'll pay them on a certain date, and your chosen/preferred method of paying them fails, then they are "in the right" so to speak.

Guest hotphil

If the customer's duty was to provide payment and the customer (or their bank) failed to do so, they can't take it up with the bank.

Any contact by them to the bank will be met with a "we can't discuss individual customer's affairs with you". They're not even allowed to admit to a 3rd party that you hold an account with them (without advance, express, written authority).

Unfortunately the onus falls to back to the customer. You need to verify that the details held on the claimant's system are correct and that the details held on the bank's system are correct. Both parties should be able to provide you with screen prints to confirm this (check for originator ID, sort code and account number). If Orange attempted a claim with the correct details and the payment was unpaid, ask the bank which of the numerous 'codes' was used to reject the payment and why they chose to do so.

guess what mate? I got the similar bill today! I cancelled my direct debit after arguing with orange, who still think i am their customer, and got myself a new contract with t-mobile and now have an MDA Vario

Guest pd.ryder

They overcharged me today. Not by much, this time.

They won't take the money until after 1st May, but they can't amend the DD with nearly 2 weeks to spare. They'll credit me next month.

They're obviously not so slow to react the other way around :)

Guest hotphil
They overcharged me today. Not by much, this time.

They won't take the money until after 1st May, but they can't amend the DD with nearly 2 weeks to spare. They'll credit me next month.

They're lying there! If they really wanted to, they could amend it. If you prefer them not to take the overcharged amount from your account you can ask the bank to return the payment unpaid but leaving the DD active, you could then pay the correct amount over the phone and when they've sorted themselves out the correct amount would go through next month.

Guest hotphil

Ah yes, the rules seem to change when they owe you money! All reason goes out the window and they'll hang on to your cash for as long as possible, but when you owe them money it's a different story.

I think they'd go along way towards resolving far more customer complaints if they started to realise that as customers we don't like them holding on to our hard-earned cash for up to 7 weeks when they make a mistake.

Guest pd.ryder

True. As I said, it's not much this time. Previously, they overcharged me for data *big time*(?10/Mb!!!) and insisted I had to pay the enormous bill in full to be re-credited the following month. With things being tight in terms of purse string these days, that caused me no-end of hardship. It could even have destroyed my relationship with my bank, which is tenuous at best :)

Do they care - ohhhh noooo. As long as they've got my money, they're happy.

Guest dr who

Well, they certainly won't be getting MY money much longer. Apart from the 6 or 7 months of contract I will still have left when I jump to T-Mob............still, I might de-cert my phone and carry my Orange SIM for times of no signal.

Guest sporkguy
I only went on Orange to get a SPV C600 I dont actually like the network. I hope they read these forums and realise how many customers they piss off by being completely incompetent in the world of customer relations. :)

Oh they watch the forums alright, but only to snoop on people stupid enough to identify themselves as members of staff and try to help people, and then dismiss them.

Not that I'm bitter or anything.. because working for O was terrible.

Guest scottusspez
Oh they watch the forums alright, but only to snoop on people stupid enough to identify themselves as members of staff and try to help people, and then dismiss them.

Not that I'm bitter or anything.. because working for O was terrible.

To be honest with you, they're only doing that because they know their customer services aint upto much so anyone who is remotely useful such as yourself is to be squashed like a fly. Orange suck :D

Hey the world needs good guys like you to help out us idiots who thought it would be a good idea to join orange, now we're tied in, we need all the help we can get!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sporkguy
To be honest with you, they're only doing that because they know their customer services aint upto much so anyone who is remotely useful such as yourself is to be squashed like a fly. Orange suck :D

Hey the world needs good guys like you to help out us idiots who thought it would be a good idea to join orange, now we're tied in, we need all the help we can get!! :)

I made my living off convincing people it was in their best interests to join orange and that they would be saving themselves money. Funny thing was though, I believed the crap myself.

Now that I don't wear the badge, dont have the logo in my sig (they brought that up in the disciplinary too), I can expressly say that its in everyone's best interests to stay away from Orange.

and I say that with no bias.

on a side note, I really did love my job though.. helping people and getting a great response off them was a real buzz - every handshake was another happy customer who would remember my name :P