Web and Walk Pro - the troals of moving providers

Guest tobyanscombe

Guest tobyanscombe

Is it just me or what? I have a PAC code to transfer all of my business phones across to T-Mob but everyone that I have spoken to from retail shops to the specific business lines cannot find any infomation on the Pro version.

I run a small consultancy so have a real need for the modem/card type acess when I cannot get internet access on a client site (very regular as I tend to work in the civil service type arena). Can anyone point me to the T&C's or what magic words I should be saying to the telesales reps to get them to acknowlege that the pro version exisits....

Big difference between retail and telesales - retail store last night tried to convince me that the first handset was free but each subsiquent handset would be ?189.......which would work out kinda expensive. Telesales fell over themselves to offer whatever handsets I wanted for free!

Oh, one more thing, whats the insurance situation with T-Mob? is it similar to Orange where if you are a business user you get free replacements or is there a seperate policy that needs to be taken out?

Thanks in advance folks...

Guest dr who

Don't know about the 'pro' tariff thing, although I would like to know myself and also whether they will do a data only SIM, but I hope the business insurance looks better than the personal insurance. Personal was something like ?30 charge for the first claim, ?60 charge for the second claim and ?90 or ?120 for every subsequent claim. I think its pretty disgusting that you pay for a policy and then have to pay to actually USE that policy - as a pretty heavy user I go through phases of caning phones - I have had at least 7 different C500's, which under T-Mob would have cost me at least ?540!!!!

Guest moroni
Don't know about the 'pro' tariff thing, although I would like to know myself and also whether they will do a data only SIM, but I hope the business insurance looks better than the personal insurance. Personal was something like ?30 charge for the first claim, ?60 charge for the second claim and ?90 or ?120 for every subsequent claim. I think its pretty disgusting that you pay for a policy and then have to pay to actually USE that policy - as a pretty heavy user I go through phases of caning phones - I have had at least 7 different C500's, which under T-Mob would have cost me at least ?540!!!!

to be fair tho, you pay for your car insurance in the same way with a premium and an excess and if you cane through your cars in such a manor i would be very suprised!

Guest dr who

True, true. But since they managed to give it to me for free up to two years ago I feel pretty cheated. But TMobs ?90 really takes the pi.......errrr biscuit. Fine if you own a smartphone but I would be a bit vexed if I had a really basic phone. Its not like they don't make enough money out of my contract - probably about ?2K over the last year. Actually, now I write it down like that I am shocked. I really can't wait until TMob refresh their phone lineup.

Guest tobyanscombe

The nearest shop (Victoria) was oddly enough quite interested (must be the number of handsets!)

They have enquired to the area/regional manager and will be getting back to me today.

When I asked them about the insurance I was told - ?6.99 a month and any replacement is ?25, which does not sound too bad. As I find out more I will let you know.

Guest dr who

If that proves to be correct that sounds pretty decent. Can you take out a business tariff on one handset? Having said that I may be migrating two contracts, so might be able to swing it if it is for multiple contracts only, although I would need two different handsets on that contract. Hmmmmm, interesting.

Guest pd.ryder

I plan to run 2 handsets on 1 invoice - Gloucester T-Mobile shop said that was no problem. I haven't any details yet, such as reduced line rental for 2nd phone etc. so I don't know what the total monthly cost would be.

Guest confucious

The reason none of them could give you details of the Pro version is because it is only available to corporate customers at the moment - try again at the beginning of May and you should have more luck.

Or so I believe.....

Guest confucious

and data only USIM will be ?19.99/month or so I've heard.

I also believe that the voda data cards are unlocked so you should be able to use this in these - but presumebly you will need new data cards for high speed 3G when it is rolled out.

HTH

Guest pd.ryder
Yes, it is indeed true - I am old enough to remember spending one pound notes.
Mmm, me too. And large 10 pence pieces, and life before 20 pences and piddling 5p's.....

Guest shenson

There is mention of web'n'walk pro on the scancom site and a deal for laptop 3G datacards, ?17 a month excluding VAT.

I've been told that when it officially launches to everyone it will be possible to add the pro version to any tariff. I have a SIM only tariff at ?7.50 a month that I'm currently using with the consumer version which ends up at ?15 a month. I'll be changing that to pro as soon as it will let me.