"Orange plans up to 2,000 job cuts"

Guest tsutton

Guest sporkguy

Regional Star (North) in October last year -- 3 mystery shop results of 86%, 85% and another 85% in 2005 -- top store performer consistently since July last year -- numerous customer compliment letters -- 'SPV Champion' instore.

and what do I get? treated like a criminal at the disciplinary.

I share the same feelings you do about upper management and the retail sector in general. The only member of Orange I didnt think was a pompous idiot was my Area Manager, who was and still is, an absolute legend.

The new Liberate is a joke, and it takes them 3 months to sort out Pizzaz handsets (they offered me a Sanyo or A Moto V3, which was discontinued 2 weeks after I received it and gave it to my gf!)

god, I could rant all day but then why should I - its not my problem anymore.. they've lost the best PT the East Midlands ever saw.. now I'm gonna whore my services to Tmobile :)

Guest sporkguy
Hey Spork, can I be one of your friends and family on T-Mob when you start working for them?????????

:) What's in it for me eh!? :D

Guest amo

Sporky mate, Im afraid I was the best in the East Midlands :D Hehehe!

Part time, I made more for the store than two of our full timers put together - so sales wise I was pretty good too. Not because Im a greasy sales person, but because I had a customer base who wanted to come back and deal with me!

Quite touching really :)

Area manager, you mean C.B.? Not worth hiring even on mimimum wage if you ask me!

Guest sporkguy
Sporky mate, Im afraid I was the best in the East Midlands :D Hehehe!

Part time, I made more for the store than two of our full timers put together - so sales wise I was pretty good too. Not because Im a greasy sales person, but because I had a customer base who wanted to come back and deal with me!

Quite touching really :)

Area manager, you mean C.B.? Not worth hiring even on mimimum wage if you ask me!

I was on good terms with C.B. -- he did a hell of a lot for our store, especially when we got a red audit and subsequently almost lost our manager.

I've helped him out a few times with his handsets too, most recently when Moto gave him an L7 and nobody in the area could work out how to send DTMF for his answerphone broadcasts.. except moi :P

Sounds like we were very similar phone trainers mate, both in it for exactly the same reasons - customer service. The sales part was just a nice bonus to me.

Have you seen what they've done with CC now? my mate who still works there (2/3rds of the staff there are drinking mates lol) said he should have earned ?560 on the old system, but is only pocketing ?130!

I'd have quit over that, personally.

Guest motty

spork - i am the new spv master lol....no one has a clue about them in store now

example -

cutomer: can i take a look at this (pointing to the m600 that we dont have a demo of)

PT: yeah, ill go grab you one (not realising by starting the device they agree to be bound by 'softs T & C's and install the extended rom)

the amount of faveouritsm in our store gets on my boobs too, i know you didnt see the dark side of it, i certainly do....i feel so small compared to "some other staff"

Guest sporkguy
spork - i am the new spv master lol....no one has a clue about them in store now

example -

cutomer: can i take a look at this (pointing to the m600 that we dont have a demo of)

PT: yeah, ill go grab you one (not realising by starting the device they agree to be bound by 'softs T & C's and install the extended rom)

the amount of faveouritsm in our store gets on my boobs too, i know you didnt see the dark side of it, i certainly do....i feel so small compared to "some other staff"

didnt see the dark side of it? mate - I saw more of it than you would believe.

R used to treat me like absolute sh*te up until August last year, when I told her that if she doesn't change her attitude towards me, I'm out of there - and she knew I meant it.

J.L. will always be the favourite member of staff, no matter what he does, or doesn't do, as is the case.

Oh and watch out for the new boy, J.S. - R loves him, and always has done, she was waiting for a chance to give him a job just so she can kiss his arse.

What's your experiences? how come R is treating you like crap? she seems to do it to S.W. as well - even tho he got well over 80% of his CC this month.. (you didnt do too well this month old chap!)

oh and don't get me started on JOE lol :)

Guest motty

edited - everyone's seen it now, may aswell get rid before some boffin decides to fire me....although i would like to speak to someone about my "troubles" hehe

Guest sporkguy
LOL - Joe, abolished any chance of a decent commission payment this month, you should see the video if you havent already!

mine was pants, partly cus i was forced into wearing the t shirts some bright spark came up with, i like to feel asthough i mean and know alot more than the customer (ie, looking smart and knowing my stuff, which isnt too easy with the zoo imho) im already a string of pizz without wearing a large t shirt that feels and looks asthough it cost 50p from carols!

im not just trying to pass the book sorta thing, really has put a downer on the month aswell as the tarriffs being pants and my target being impossibly high...ah well, my first month i accomplished alot, even a decent cc

too true about j.l, "my baby" lol....hes a sound lad, nothing against him.

R just seems to try and belittle me all of the time, making me feel asthough i know and mean nothing...everything i do is wrong :@

oh, another on the t shirt front, guess who wasnt forced to wear one S...i was told its company policy to wear it, although when i questioned S not wearing one, its was at R's discretion....grrrr!

sorry folks, end rant!

She used the same lines with me when I requested wearing my suit jacket. It clearly states in my employment pack that uniform can consist of a smart black shirt, black trousers and an optional suit jacket. COMPANY POLICY? sure is - but would R let me wear one? You know the rest... :D

Instead she used to try and make me wear one of those stupid fleeces that E.E. is so keen on (he wears it down the acorn when I meet him after work or for lunch.. and once i went shopping with him on our day off and he wore it then as well!)

Don't ever try and find fault in S.H. or J.L. cos you'll never be able to.. in the eyes if R, they are untouchable heh.

"R just seems to try and belittle me all of the time, making me feel asthough i know and mean nothing...everything i do is wrong :@"

Yep, she used to do that to me as well, up until the point mentioned earlier. Stick up for yourself man, she may not appreciate us SPV geeks as well as she should, but she sure as hell would be lost without you and S.W.

Will prob see you in the shop one of these days mate or maybe down spoons eh? we'll have a good rant then :)

Guest motty

yeah, all the unloved will have to get together for a drink...didnt get much of an opertunity to work with you...unfortunate really, there was a lot to be learned from you!

im waitin for my 3 months to be up before i give R a piece of my mind :) whats the most that can happen then, delay my liberate lol?

agree, myself and SW are unsung heros in the shop, maybe we dont know much about business (as we have recieved NO training) but we do know our hardware and try to be impartial with the customer....but when you do its "why didnt you close the sale, dont let them go elsewhere!"

Guest sporkguy

training? what's that? :D

don't expect much training mate: grab the business magazine, take it home and read it from cover to cover... its the only training you'll get i'm afraid.

Business is where the money's to be made.. I'll always remember the receipt I had that was as long as my entire arm! 10 handsets and accessories for each... :P

"there was a lot to be learned from you!" well as I keep telling E.E. if you need any help with anything, just gimme a bell, you know my number.. if not, E.E. does :)

Guest dr who

I'm sure you are aware Motty that Spork got canned for posting here. Now I don't know how big your store is but if ain't that many employees I would be pretty circumspect about committing anything on this forum. At least until you are happy to be fired.............sure you are aware of that though.

Guest amo

Oh god I don't even know where to being with this reply....so im not even going to bother. Orange is now a firmly closed chapter of my life thats never going to be reopened.

My advise to Spork is to follow the same attitude and focus your attention with forward thinking and a positive outlook on the future. Dont ever be afraid to diversify in your pursuits in life, you'll find something even better and more satisfying that what Orange was to us initially.

Motty, I wish you all the best with your position within Orange. Stick at it and there is a lot to be gained. Because of people like you the company still has a remaining ounce of integrity. You've a lot to offer but unfortunetly don't find it unusual for your efforts to be unrewarded.

The future's bright, the future's without Orange.

Guest sporkguy
I'm sure you are aware Motty that Spork got canned for posting here. Now I don't know how big your store is but if ain't that many employees I would be pretty circumspect about committing anything on this forum. At least until you are happy to be fired.............sure you are aware of that though.

He's from my store, and very aware of such dangers.

Given motty's less than secretive name, I'm sure M.S. who discovered me would do a bang-up job of working out who motty is.

But Motty's a clever boy.. and I aint :)

oh and amo - wise words my friend, very wise words.