Didn't pay for data in Spain (Orange UK Pre-pay)

Guest kaf

Guest kaf

I used my Pre-pay Orange SIM in spain for data and didn't pay a single penny ... for about 12MB

Is this a unique feature (fault) of my account?

I'm wondering if it is because I had the 4MB for a month - orange world feature active. Maybe a bug where it knows not to charge but can't do it right because your in a foreign country and ends up not using anything????????????

Made me wonder about another side to this - if they eventually figure out that I have used ?120 of data is there anyway they can bill me for this when I'm on pre-pay (I'd throw the SIM away)

Guest dr who

I have absolutely no experience of PAYG but if it is not registered in your name or to your address I would imagine the only thing they could do is put that SIM in debit, in which case as you say you could just bin it.

Guest sporkguy

I had the same, strangely, when I went to Venice last month.

I used the GPRS from 'TIM' to collect my emails once a day, and expected a huge bill from Orange -- surprised to find out yesterday that it had just used data out of my 30MB allowance and hadn't charged me a penny!

Guest dr who

Might be waiting to hit you up style though Spork. At least for phone calls roaming charges always seem to hit the month after youve been abroad, leading to partial stroke when you receive the month afters bill.

Guest sporkguy
Might be waiting to hit you up style though Spork. At least for phone calls roaming charges always seem to hit the month after youve been abroad, leading to partial stroke when you receive the month afters bill.

nah this was early april, the roaming text charges are on the bill for the date specified. It was exactly the same when I went to Majorca last August, it just came out of my staff allowance.

Anyway, they can't charge me late now - my account was transferred to a PAYG last week :)