- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

tbl

tbl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Why is it that all new phones go to new customers only, and those of us loyal customers looking to upgrade have to wait for 'upgrade stock'?

The N80 was available last Tuesday for new contracts only, and it really winds me up!!!!!

Why oh why?

sporkguy

sporkguy

iSpork

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • Interests:Phone History:<br /><br />-Nokia 5110<br />-Nokia 8210<br />-Nokia 3510i<br />-Nokia 7210<br />-Sony Ericsson K700i<br />-Nokia 6630<br />-Nokia 7610<br />-Orange SPV M500<br />-Orange SPV C500<br />-Sony Ericsson W800i<br />-Nokia N90<br />-Samsung D600<br />-iMate SP5<br />-MDA Vario <br />-MoDaCo C600<br />-MDA Pro<br />-Sony Ericsson K800i<br />-Nokia E61<br />-Nokia N95<br />-LG Viewty<br />-Sony Ericsson W660<br />-Nokia 6500 Classic Black<br />-Sony Ericsson W910<br />-Sony Ericsson C902<br />-Blackberry Curve<br />-Blackberry Bold 9000<br />-iPhone 3GS<br />-HTC Desire<br />-iPhone 4
  • Devices:iPhone 4
  • Twitter:@Super_Nicktendo
You could always be sly and convert your contract number to PAYG - then after a few days, request a new connection but bringing your PAYG number with you...
you then get the same deals as new customers, yet keep your old number.. genius!

Tech

Tech

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts
  • Devices:E200 2xC500 SP5m Vario
its just typical orange - your not actually a "loyal" customer

http://www.spapps.co.uk

Visit the Spapps UK Forums!!!
Spapps UK Forums [new]
Spapps UK Forums alternative link
^^^ CLICK ME ^^^

Current Projects:

DAR~ling update tba*
WMP Remote** (need new ideas!!)

TV Remote codenamed meetu (postponed)
mini PC Controller codenamed mawk

Swampie

Swampie

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario III + MDA Vario

You could always be sly and convert your contract number to PAYG - then after a few days, request a new connection but bringing your PAYG number with you...
you then get the same deals as new customers, yet keep your old number.. genius!

Have Orange removed the 3 month limit then for contract->payg->contract conversions? Previously (ie 12 or so months ago), you had to wait 3 months after converting a contract number to PAYG before being able to convert it back to Contract. This was to stop the loophole of doing upgrades by the back door.

Of course, there's nothing to stop you from moving from Orange contract to Virgin PAYG (or elsewhere) and then move back again. This has about a 38 day turnaround - 1 PAC every 30 days and then 7-8 days for porting.

tbl

tbl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
My contract isn't up - as such.

I've had so many problems with the N70 that they are waiving the upgrade fee for me, but I've been waiting on a decent phone to be released.

amo

amo

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario 3

Have Orange removed the 3 month limit then for contract->payg->contract conversions? Previously (ie 12 or so months ago), you had to wait 3 months after converting a contract number to PAYG before being able to convert it back to Contract. This was to stop the loophole of doing upgrades by the back door.

Of course, there's nothing to stop you from moving from Orange contract to Virgin PAYG (or elsewhere) and then move back again. This has about a 38 day turnaround - 1 PAC every 30 days and then 7-8 days for porting.

Or, how about doing the sensibled thing and realising that Orange really aren't interested in rewarding loyal customers and therefore taking your pac number onto someone like TMobile? Why anyone would want to stay with them after they've been told theyre not respected enough to be treated like a loyal customer is beyond me!

"I'm sorry you'll have to speak up - i'm wearing a towel"

jbrare

jbrare

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Devices:Orange SPV C500

Or, how about doing the sensibled thing and realising that Orange really aren't interested in rewarding loyal customers and therefore taking your pac number onto someone like TMobile? Why anyone would want to stay with them after they've been told theyre not respected enough to be treated like a loyal customer is beyond me!

I totally agree! I left Orange last week, am now with T-Mobile - Unlimited internet ?7.50 anyone??

JB

Swampie

Swampie

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario III + MDA Vario

Well, I actually did that months ago and am now on W'n'W 200 (40MB data) for ?16 per month. :) I never use all my allocation of minutes or data, and have no apparent restriction with what I can do on my W'n'W connection, so no desire to switch to the unlimited W'n'W + Flext.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users