Orange upgrades unfair!

Guest tbl

Why is it that all new phones go to new customers only, and those of us loyal customers looking to upgrade have to wait for 'upgrade stock'?

The N80 was available last Tuesday for new contracts only, and it really winds me up!!!!!

Why oh why?

Guest sporkguy

You could always be sly and convert your contract number to PAYG - then after a few days, request a new connection but bringing your PAYG number with you...

you then get the same deals as new customers, yet keep your old number.. genius!

Guest Swampie
You could always be sly and convert your contract number to PAYG - then after a few days, request a new connection but bringing your PAYG number with you...

you then get the same deals as new customers, yet keep your old number.. genius!

Have Orange removed the 3 month limit then for contract->payg->contract conversions? Previously (ie 12 or so months ago), you had to wait 3 months after converting a contract number to PAYG before being able to convert it back to Contract. This was to stop the loophole of doing upgrades by the back door.

Of course, there's nothing to stop you from moving from Orange contract to Virgin PAYG (or elsewhere) and then move back again. This has about a 38 day turnaround - 1 PAC every 30 days and then 7-8 days for porting.

My contract isn't up - as such.

I've had so many problems with the N70 that they are waiving the upgrade fee for me, but I've been waiting on a decent phone to be released.

Have Orange removed the 3 month limit then for contract->payg->contract conversions? Previously (ie 12 or so months ago), you had to wait 3 months after converting a contract number to PAYG before being able to convert it back to Contract. This was to stop the loophole of doing upgrades by the back door.

Of course, there's nothing to stop you from moving from Orange contract to Virgin PAYG (or elsewhere) and then move back again. This has about a 38 day turnaround - 1 PAC every 30 days and then 7-8 days for porting.

Or, how about doing the sensibled thing and realising that Orange really aren't interested in rewarding loyal customers and therefore taking your pac number onto someone like TMobile? Why anyone would want to stay with them after they've been told theyre not respected enough to be treated like a loyal customer is beyond me!

Guest jbrare
Or, how about doing the sensibled thing and realising that Orange really aren't interested in rewarding loyal customers and therefore taking your pac number onto someone like TMobile? Why anyone would want to stay with them after they've been told theyre not respected enough to be treated like a loyal customer is beyond me!

I totally agree! I left Orange last week, am now with T-Mobile - Unlimited internet ?7.50 anyone??

JB

Guest Swampie

Well, I actually did that months ago and am now on W'n'W 200 (40MB data) for ?16 per month. :) I never use all my allocation of minutes or data, and have no apparent restriction with what I can do on my W'n'W connection, so no desire to switch to the unlimited W'n'W + Flext.