S60 Speed Boost

Guest jutley

Guest jutley

Make your Symbian handset more responsive

Submitted by Alex on Fri, 11/11/2005 - 13:15. Mobiles | Symbian

Symplification would like to take this opportunity to introduce the Howardforums Symbian S60 wiki - the source for the following tip. It's also quite a good place to have a look if you have a question regarding your Symbian S60 phone, though of course Howardforums itself is more interactive, and we also recommend our user guide.

We've seen this trick previously, but never tried it. This time it caught our editor at a weak spot, and luckily, because it works.

Completing the following steps on your phone will improve it's response speed; the speed increase is sustainable and immediately obvious, but we have no idea why it works, how it works, or if there will be any problems with your phone afterward. It's very wierd for an easter egg - an increase in responsiveness might really help Nokia/Symbian. Having said that, it has been tested to work on a Nokia 7610 and a Nokia 3230. Please post if it has a positive effect upon your phone. Note that the speed increase is most obvious upon startup.

Having said all that; this is what you have to do. It sounds inane, but it does work.

Go to your To-do List.

Make a note/ and input as follows:

Subject: Speed

Due Date: 01-29-2005(mm-dd-yy)

Priority: set to High

Then press Done.

Make a second note and input as follows:

Subject: Qoukie

Due Date: 01-29-2005(mm-dd-yy)

Priority: set to Low

Then press Done

Highlight the Speed note, select Options and Mark as done.

Then highlight the Qoukie note, select Options and Mark as done.

Switch off your phone, then switch it on again.

Guest sporkguy

I'm calling 'crap' on this one I'm afraid - but if anyone can prove me wrong, then congrats etc.

[edit]

hmm after a quick search it seems some people are reporting the loss of the ability to install or uninstall applications after this trick.

Follow this trick at your own risk!

Guest sporkguy
So you haven't tried it then I assume sporky... :) Some people say it does work, weirdly!

P

Indeed I havn't - gave my sister my 6630 to replace the Samsung E530 she hated lol.

Guest mwright
i have tested this on a nokia 7610 and n70 works a treat

Sorry - not buying this!

Why on earth would Nokia/Symbian (for it MUST be Nokia or Symbian) slow down the phone - and then allow an Easter Egg to speed it up?

Unless someone is saying that one (or more) software engineers at Nokia/Symbian decided to do this?

Hmmmm

Guest sporkguy
Spookily enough, I will have a 6630 tomorrow, so i'll try it.

Sent to me by Bacardi believe it or not :D

P

You keep the mobile, I'll have the free Bacardi samples :)

heheh :P

Guest dr who

I 100% agree with MWright, if this existed then Nokia would make sure all Symbian phones had this done to them before they shipped!!!! Sounds too much like those emails that used to circulate getting people to delete a critical windows boot file saying it would improve the computers performance, that it was a virus, etc, etc, etc

Also not buying it.

Guest Paul (MVP)

No free bacardi samples, I already checked :P

P

You keep the mobile, I'll have the free Bacardi samples :)

heheh :D