Going abroad for 2 months

Guest ajb3000

Guest ajb3000

Well I'm going travelling for 2 months over the summer, leaving in a months time and am unsure what to do with my Orange contract. I would still like to use the phone abroad but it feels liks a waste paying ?25/mo for all the free minutes and texts that I won't be able to use, so do I have any options? I've had the 12 month contract for 9 months so far.

Guest raiderz
Well I'm going travelling for 2 months over the summer, leaving in a months time and am unsure what to do with my Orange contract. I would still like to use the phone abroad but it feels liks a waste paying ?25/mo for all the free minutes and texts that I won't be able to use, so do I have any options? I've had the 12 month contract for 9 months so far.

Best thing to do is ring OCS up and explain what you intend to do, and ask them to suspend your contract, when you get back it will carry on from where left off. While you are abroad get a local SIM in the country you are in and you will save a fortune! Make sure your phone is unlocked though!

Guest sporkguy

Welcome to the site ajb3000 :)

Raiderz is completely correct, Orange can and will suspend your account for you while you are away. You'll still get invoices through to your home address while you're away but they should specify you're on the 'free talkplan' :D

Have fun this summer!

Guest dr who

What would happen if I told them I was going travelling for 2 years? Might be a great way to put off paying up my contract whilst I jump ship to T-Mob?

Guest sporkguy
What would happen if I told them I was going travelling for 2 years? Might be a great way to put off paying up my contract whilst I jump ship to T-Mob?

lol cracking idea.. and if you can convince them, then I'm sure its pretty possible :)

Guest ajb3000

What would happen to all my calls/texts while my account is suspended? Is there any way to continue using the phone on a sort of "pay as you go" basis for those two months? I'm going to be travelling through quite a few countries (7 to be exact) over those 2 months, so a local sim isn't really possible, I also don't expect to use it a lot.

Guest sporkguy
What would happen to all my calls/texts while my account is suspended? Is there any way to continue using the phone on a sort of "pay as you go" basis for those two months? I'm going to be travelling through quite a few countries (7 to be exact) over those 2 months, so a local sim isn't really possible, I also don't expect to use it a lot.

I'd say its best you called Orange and ask them what the score is with this. I presume that if you do use your orange number for any reason while you are away, you are charged a premium on each call as your account is 'suspended' so to speak.

Guest Monolithix (MVP)

I believe that when you suspend your account you do exactly that, so the contract will be extended by the amount of time you're away, 2 months in your case.