Nokia N80 on Orange

Guest SteveG02

Guest steveg02

Hi,

I'm looking at getting a Nokia N80 (probably off eBay) and was looking for other peoples experiences of getting unlock codes off their customer services department. Will they give out codes to people who aren't on their network??

Many thanks in advance, Steve

Guest sporkguy

Welcome to the site :)

If you buy an N80 locked from ebay - your only hope is to find an unlocking service centre that can do it via cable because AFAIK the networks are unable to lock handsets from you unless you originally took the contract out with them.

With the N80 being a new version of S60, and being BB5(I think?) its not so easy to just generate codes for it now.

Try and find one unlocked or locked to the network you want to use it on - it'll save you a lot of hassle :D

Guest steveg02
Welcome to the site :)

If you buy an N80 locked from ebay - your only hope is to find an unlocking service centre that can do it via cable because AFAIK the networks are unable to lock handsets from you unless you originally took the contract out with them.

With the N80 being a new version of S60, and being BB5(I think?) its not so easy to just generate codes for it now.

Try and find one unlocked or locked to the network you want to use it on - it'll save you a lot of hassle :D

Thanks for your comprehensive reply, managed to find a sim free one, so hassle averted! :P