• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Dr Who

Dr Who

Timelord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

I am sure I have read somewhere that other people have added W'n'W to this and you can cancel at any time - if you move to another Tarrif you would not be a new customer if you kept the number - presumebly you could take another number and port the number out and back in again if you really wanted too but it is something to bear in mind.

I'm going to check this out and see if I can put the pro data package on it. Then I will try and unlock my Voda 3G PCMCIA card to give my unlimited laptop data on the move. I will also use it to check out the Orb client properly on my phone. Sweeeetttttt. I'll let you know if I get a reply.

rikwebb

rikwebb

Call this Job Satisfaction !

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Devices:Diamond, HD, Pro, HTC HD2

I'm going to check this out and see if I can put the pro data package on it. Then I will try and unlock my Voda 3G PCMCIA card to give my unlimited laptop data on the move. I will also use it to check out the Orb client properly on my phone. Sweeeetttttt. I'll let you know if I get a reply.

I would be interested in that one too, maybe I could make use of the Orange 3G Data card that I have just disconected from O.

Rik

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 5
  • Twitter:@Confuciousmobil

*Web ?n? Walk Professional is subject to a minimum term contract and credit check. Compatible handset or device required. To ensure a high quality of service for all our customers, a fair use policy applies. T-Mobile defines fair use as total UK data use (both sent and received) of up to 2GB per month. T-Mobile may contact customers who exceed this volume of data in two (or more) consecutive months in any six month period to ask them to reduce their usage. If usage is not reduced, notice may be given, after which network protection controls may be applied which will result in a reduced speed of transmission. Use of Voice over Internet Protocol and Messaging over Internet Protocol is prohibited by T-Mobile. If use of either or both of these services is detected T-Mobile may terminate all contracts with the customer and disconnect any SIM cards and/or web ?n? walk cards from the T-Mobile network.

It' doesn't seem to exclude streaming but the minimum 1 year contract could be a problem.

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Dr Who

Dr Who

Timelord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

It' doesn't seem to exclude streaming but the minimum 1 year contract could be a problem.

Yeah, hoping that they can just add it to the pay and go SIM - its actually not the 'pro' package as shown on the website, since that seems to involve a PCMCIA card, its just the addon. We will see.

Of course, if it is only avaiable on a 12 month contract if you wanted to get out of it you could always VoIP and IM as much as humanly possible untill they terminate the contract...........

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts

Of course, if it is only avaiable on a 12 month contract if you wanted to get out of it you could always VoIP and IM as much as humanly possible untill they terminate the contract...........

Good thinking - but it might preclude you from ever getting a T contract again....

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Dr Who

Dr Who

Timelord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts
True. True.

shenson

shenson

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Devices:SPV550
I got SIM only just over a month ago. You can add the ordinary (aka consumer version) of Web'n'walk from the T-mobile website as an additional service and also by calling CS but I didn't try that.

I got that changed to the "pro" version by T-mobile CS after they went away and checked. I asked for the "Web'n'walk professional bundle". Others have reported problems and being told it is "business only" (I'm not on a business account) so YMMV.

No mention of a minimum contract was given which would contradict the no-contract of SIM only anyway. I guess I'll find out when I try to move to a contract when a decent handset arrives.

Dr Who

Dr Who

Timelord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts
Nice one Shenson! So that comes to ?17.50 a month for unlimited data and 50 free minutes a month with no contract to sign???

Dr Who

Dr Who

Timelord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts
Got this email from TMob today,

"Thanks for enquiring as to weather or not your able to add the ?10 unlimited data package to our SIM only package.

I'm pleased to say that you are able to add this to the SIM only package.

If you do decide to purchase the SIM card, just call our customer services to add your bundle.

You can contact them on 150 from a T-Mobile phone or 08454 12 5000 from a landline (local call charges apply). We're her everyday from 7am to 10pm."

Think I'll be doing this next month, sounds excellent.

shenson

shenson

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Devices:SPV550

Nice one Shenson! So that comes to ?17.50 a month for unlimited data and 50 free minutes a month with no contract to sign???

Yes though the first bill may come to more than that because it is billed one month in advance. Note also that SIM only is self serve which means calls to 150 are 50p/min. I didn't realise that it meant *all* calls to 150 and not just CS. I'd come from Orange where calls to the automated menu system were free until you select to call CS.

I use the 0845 number now from a landline for CS.

Dr Who

Dr Who

Timelord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts
Cheers Shenson. Nice to know some of the pitfalls, but I definitely think I will get this, just to play about with Orb on my phone and use it for mobile data access for my laptop.

Dr Who

Dr Who

Timelord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts
BTW, anyone know whether this works with those free Voda 3G PCMCIA cards that were being handed out recently?

sporkguy

sporkguy

iSpork

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • Interests:Phone History:<br /><br />-Nokia 5110<br />-Nokia 8210<br />-Nokia 3510i<br />-Nokia 7210<br />-Sony Ericsson K700i<br />-Nokia 6630<br />-Nokia 7610<br />-Orange SPV M500<br />-Orange SPV C500<br />-Sony Ericsson W800i<br />-Nokia N90<br />-Samsung D600<br />-iMate SP5<br />-MDA Vario <br />-MoDaCo C600<br />-MDA Pro<br />-Sony Ericsson K800i<br />-Nokia E61<br />-Nokia N95<br />-LG Viewty<br />-Sony Ericsson W660<br />-Nokia 6500 Classic Black<br />-Sony Ericsson W910<br />-Sony Ericsson C902<br />-Blackberry Curve<br />-Blackberry Bold 9000<br />-iPhone 3GS<br />-HTC Desire<br />-iPhone 4
  • Devices:iPhone 4
  • Twitter:@Super_Nicktendo
AFAIK if the card isn't locked, you may be able to put your Tmob sim in - but I remember somewhere that someone said its all software based so it may reject the sim.

MARKUKCOUK

MARKUKCOUK

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

I would be interested in that one too, maybe I could make use of the Orange 3G Data card that I have just disconected from O.

Rik

The Cards are apparently locked to orange and orange wont unlock them.

I have an Orange Trials MOC Card which may not be locked, but I believe the standard ones were barred to orange, and they dont have the stuff to unlock it even for a fee.

[sigtracker]2480[/sigtracker]

Twisticles

Twisticles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
So we're two thirds of the way through June...still no news of spangly new phone line-up? I've been qualified for an upgrade for 3 months now but nothing taking my fancy...I need a new gadget NOW!

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts
Hermes won't be out until Aug.
What else would you want?

Twisticles

Twisticles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Hermes won't be out until Aug.
What else would you want?

I'm lovin' the spec of the Hermes (Vario II on TMob?) but I'm not so lovin' the size. I know everything is a trade-off in life, but even my MDA Compact ain't feelin' so compact these days. And I really don't take advantage of the surfing or TV-watching capabilities like I thought I would.

I want the Hermes in a SE T610 size package! Was thinking of the Axia A308 or MTeoR, but they are both fairly hefty devices too.

I dunno - what's being touted for SDA III? And when?

I guess I don't do as much data stuff as I thought I would, synchronicity with Outlook is most important to me now...nearly got tempted with a Nokia 6280 but held off due to synch problem stories.

Is there anything else by any other manufacturer that synchs properly with Outlook? I need my 450+ contacts (and all fields) and calendar on the move more than anything...

redvers

redvers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
July 1st may actually be the "big day" and not June 1st...

sporkguy

sporkguy

iSpork

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • Interests:Phone History:<br /><br />-Nokia 5110<br />-Nokia 8210<br />-Nokia 3510i<br />-Nokia 7210<br />-Sony Ericsson K700i<br />-Nokia 6630<br />-Nokia 7610<br />-Orange SPV M500<br />-Orange SPV C500<br />-Sony Ericsson W800i<br />-Nokia N90<br />-Samsung D600<br />-iMate SP5<br />-MDA Vario <br />-MoDaCo C600<br />-MDA Pro<br />-Sony Ericsson K800i<br />-Nokia E61<br />-Nokia N95<br />-LG Viewty<br />-Sony Ericsson W660<br />-Nokia 6500 Classic Black<br />-Sony Ericsson W910<br />-Sony Ericsson C902<br />-Blackberry Curve<br />-Blackberry Bold 9000<br />-iPhone 3GS<br />-HTC Desire<br />-iPhone 4
  • Devices:iPhone 4
  • Twitter:@Super_Nicktendo

Please elaborate...

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts

"July" "may" "June" - could I just add April and august as we seam to be listing the onths of the year.... :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users