You see, in the 'old days' mobiles were scary and we needed a guiding hand from somebody like Orange. 'the futures bright, the futures Orange' we were told. But that future is here and Orange now looks tired and dated. We feel more confident to use mobile communication and we no longer need that guiding hand. What we now want is clear mobile tariffs, fair prices xnetwork and decent customer service. This is where T-Mobile excel compared to the others. Let me use my experience as an example.
I was with T-Mobile for three years but then foolishly went to 02. What a mistake. Higher cross network calls, and absolutely dreadful customer service. You could hardly ever get through to CS and there was no automated service either. So it was hard to control my bills. Even the internet information was always three days out of date.
So I leave 02 and go back to T-Mobile and what do I find.
1. A clear and easy to undertsand great contract deal with flext.
2. Unlimited web n walk internet access and a free w810i phone which downloads the information quickly.
3. A clear and easy to understand automated service via 150 to let me know how much alloawnce I have. Text alerts advising me of this on a weekly basis.
4. Great customer service and friendly staff on the end of the phone.
5. Great 'pay as you go' rates of 12p per minute anytime any network.
A dealer once said to me two years ago that I should watch T-Mobile establish itself in the UK and then come up from behind and be the market leader. With the way it is going I feel that this will happen. At this time they are opening 300 new stores all over the UK to bring their retail side up to that of the other networks.
I do not work for T-Mobile, but must be honest in my opinion. They really are the best.