Tmobile gprs and push email

Guest themarques

Guest themarques

Hi guys,

I have been getting lots of disconnection issues with my phone and the activesync application for push email. Can anyone advise what settings they are using, ideally the proxy and port number as I think that is whats kicking me out.

P,s I noticed that when I remove the proxy settings it still works but will cut out later..so if anyonce can shed a light on this subject and if push is working fine for you,

I have an Orange contract and that has been rock solid without any disconnects.

Guest confucious

Somewhat confused?

What phone are you using? The SE M600i is a symbian phone.

Why are you using a proxy? Who are you using for your push email, I have my own server, do you?

Guest themarques
Somewhat confused?

What phone are you using? The SE M600i is a symbian phone.

Why are you using a proxy? Who are you using for your push email, I have my own server, do you?

Hi, I am using the SE M600i and it is a symbian phone but it is now using UIQ3 and now has support for Exchange Activesync, which is from a company called Dataviz.

I am not using a proxy but I notice that in the T-mobile settings it had proxy ticked and had some settings. I dont have my own server but I am connected to a company Exchange. I dont think the problem is my exchange as when I connect with my Orange Sim I connect without a glitch.

Guest confucious

Sorry, I know nothing about UIQ3, only a bit about older versions, and nothing about dataviz - I sugest you speak to them.

Never had a prooblem with WM5 and push email.

Guest themarques
Sorry, I know nothing about UIQ3, only a bit about older versions, and nothing about dataviz - I sugest you speak to them.

Never had a prooblem with WM5 and push email.

Its fine thanks for having a look. Can I ask you for your settings that you have in your WM5. Thanks.

Guest sporkguy

here's mine, SP5 on WM5 with WnW:

ap: general.t-mobile.co.uk

user: user

pw:

dns: 0.0.0.0

ip: 0.0.0.0

proxy: 149.254.1.10:9201

type: wap

user & pw: blank

however I think the proxy is just for connecting to the WAP network rather than the internet

Guest confucious
Confucious, what are you using as your own push email server? Is it Exchange 2003? Isn't that rather expensive?

I use SBS 2003 but have a full version of Exchange, Office and just about every other MS Product - cost ?200 ehn you become an MS Partner! :)

@themarques - T-Mob settings are a pinned topic at the top of this forum.

Guest themarques
I use SBS 2003 but have a full version of Exchange, Office and just about every other MS Product - cost ?200 ehn you become an MS Partner! :)

@themarques - T-Mob settings are a pinned topic at the top of this forum.

Yeah saw that, just wanted to get some info from those running push if they had any issues.

Guest confucious
Yeah saw that, just wanted to get some info from those running push if they had any issues.

No, works a treat on WM5 devices, it sugests the problem is with the "middleware"

Guest themarques
No, works a treat on WM5 devices, it sugests the problem is with the "middleware"

Ok I got it up and running, I believe it might have had something to do with the username and password, as I was using the user wap and I read up that the new web and walk uses a different format. So that is all sorted and I have it up and pushing no errors.

Many Thanks to everyone for helping out.

Guest sporkguy
Ok I got it up and running, I believe it might have had something to do with the username and password, as I was using the user wap and I read up that the new web and walk uses a different format. So that is all sorted and I have it up and pushing no errors.

Many Thanks to everyone for helping out.

No problem at all :)

Guest hotphil

I have access to an Exchange server that has SP2 and all the mobile-related bits activated. I've ditched Orange a month early and got myself an MDA Vario/Sat Nav/Web n Walk deal. When I plugged it in for the first time I entered the external IP of my Exchange box as my DNS setup is screwed :-) and activated the Microsoft DirectPush option in the Vario's Comm Manager. It seems to be all working fine - device ActiveSync sets itself to "as items arrive". Is that really all I needed to do? Or am I just "ActiveSyncing" permanently - I'm conscious that the GPRS icon is constantly in use. Can someone put my mind at rest that I've either done it right (save for opting for any encryption) or tell me what I've misuderstood.

Guest hotphil

Ah yes. The bain of my life is DNS. One day it will once more all work. I should learn to stop fiddling with it!

Cool. Thanks for your prompt answer. I was doubting that it was really that simple - even after trawling through the 14 page MS "how to do it" doc where it said no configuration was needed on the device. I am SUPER impressed with how well and easily this works. I was dreading it. Thought I'd spend weeks getting it set up - not seconds.

Next step - VPN to firewall for Terminal Services into the Domain. Bring it on!

Also have to say that if anyone else is thinking of ditching Orange for T-Mobile MDA Vario/Sat Nav/Web N Walk deal - go for it. The Sat Nav tipped it for me - my local shop had them in stock and T-Mobile say that the offer keeps dropping off their site due to stock issues, but is still a "current" offer. Did I mention the WiFi? Nice working in a city centre where the council provides some free hotspots too.

Can you tell I'm a happy bunny?

Orange's 4Mb/?4 deal really does seem like a distant nightmare already!