• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Dr Who

Dr Who

Timelord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts
If you're like me and own a C500 for 2 years and have had to replace it because of various non-warranty issues such as dust or failures out of contract then house insurance would have sucked.

amo

amo

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario 3
I managed to take mine back on the 15th day - even though I requested return after the 4th day! They initially refused the return even though they said I had a 14 day policy (which turned out to be 7)..Basically I couldnt get 3G coverage which is all I wanted the device for for high speed data.

Had to go through to TMob customer relations to get them to arrange the return!

"I'm sorry you'll have to speak up - i'm wearing a towel"

Dr Who

Dr Who

Timelord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

I managed to take mine back on the 15th day - even though I requested return after the 4th day! They initially refused the return even though they said I had a 14 day policy (which turned out to be 7)..Basically I couldnt get 3G coverage which is all I wanted the device for for high speed data.

Had to go through to TMob customer relations to get them to arrange the return!

Excellent. Glad you got to return it Amo. So that was it, contract cancelled then?

Fleabag

Fleabag

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Devices:Qtek S200 & MDA Vario II
On T-Mobile there is only a returns period if you order online or via telesales. There is no returns period instore, AT ALL. Only '3' is legally required to offer a 14 day period due to their hideous T&C. If you order a new connection or upgrade (it doesn't matter which, as the DSR legislation covers equipment - it is nothing to do with your contract) online or over the phone, you get 7 working days from the receipt of the goods to inform T-Mobile of your return request. You are then required to have it back within 7 days of receiving the returns packaging (pre paid) - you can request they pick it up from your house, but this is then at your own cost.

If you buy a Nokia, Sony or MDA handset on T it comes with a 24 month manufacturer warranty for faults - which covers nothing but faults (surprisingly). You get the 24 months regardless of your contract length.

T-Mobile insurance is available up to 14 days after connection, after which point you must go directly to Fonesafe who will only insure certain models, and for a period of what I believe to be 45 days from the beginning of the contract. The pricing previously in this thread is wrong, if you have a non-data 'integrated' handset, i.e. it's not a PDA - it is ?5.99 per month. Insurance for MDA's or 'integrated' handsets is ?7.99 per month. It's also a ?25 first claim excess and the second and third claims excess is smaller than stated here, I just don't recall what it is off hand. The insurance gives you cover for loss, theft and accidental damage, breakdown not covered by warranty, and airtime abuse to the value of ?1000. If you go direct through Fonesafe, the monthly charge and excess is higher.

If you are being told instore they can give you the handset for less if you take the insurance, then you are being mis-sold the service. It is illegal, under FSA guidelines to offer a service or product cheaper by subscribing to an insurance product. If they have offered it for less instore if you take the cover, I guarantee they can give it to you just as cheap without. Just mention the illegality of their proposal to them and I'm sure you'll get a good price - they are just trying to maximise their commission.

amo, you are lucky getting them to take it back that late. They are not legally required to do so, and you mention you requested it on the 4th day - did you put it in writing? Because if you didn't, it doesn't make the slightest difference. The fact you have no 3G coverage is also irrelivant, it is your responsibility to check prior and 3G is not the 'main' service your contract is sold as, so having no coverage again, leaves T under no legal obligation to end your contract.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users