goochy1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Interests:Playing Games Consoles !!<br /><br />I'm a Gameaholic
  • Devices:N95, C550, 360, PS3
Hi.
The other day O2 rang me asking me questions about my network and how much i pay and what i get in return. I didn't mind that much but what worries me is how did they get my number?? Oh and to top it off he kept calling me MAM.
Anyone know how they got my number?
goochy1

Posted Image

sporkguy

sporkguy

iSpork

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • Interests:Phone History:<br /><br />-Nokia 5110<br />-Nokia 8210<br />-Nokia 3510i<br />-Nokia 7210<br />-Sony Ericsson K700i<br />-Nokia 6630<br />-Nokia 7610<br />-Orange SPV M500<br />-Orange SPV C500<br />-Sony Ericsson W800i<br />-Nokia N90<br />-Samsung D600<br />-iMate SP5<br />-MDA Vario <br />-MoDaCo C600<br />-MDA Pro<br />-Sony Ericsson K800i<br />-Nokia E61<br />-Nokia N95<br />-LG Viewty<br />-Sony Ericsson W660<br />-Nokia 6500 Classic Black<br />-Sony Ericsson W910<br />-Sony Ericsson C902<br />-Blackberry Curve<br />-Blackberry Bold 9000<br />-iPhone 3GS<br />-HTC Desire<br />-iPhone 4
  • Devices:iPhone 4
  • Twitter:@Super_Nicktendo
Probably random system dialling - the same sort of system Docklands Telecom uses.
(I think) the system just dials a batch of numbers on your prefix and the first person to pick up is put through to the operator.

goochy1

goochy1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Interests:Playing Games Consoles !!<br /><br />I'm a Gameaholic
  • Devices:N95, C550, 360, PS3

Probably random system dialling - the same sort of system Docklands Telecom uses.
(I think) the system just dials a batch of numbers on your prefix and the first person to pick up is put through to the operator.

Oh ok cheers sporkguy. Hope they don't ring me again though :)

Posted Image

chrisms_cotland

chrisms_cotland

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
I had that today from 3, they seemed to know my network and when my contract expired.

Tech

Tech

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts
  • Devices:E200 2xC500 SP5m Vario
I had that last year, 1 day AFTER my new contract - and no one even knew my new number, nor did I store any numbers on the mobile device at the time.
pretty much told the guy off for harrasment as well as possibly obtaining numbers without the owner's notice.

http://www.spapps.co.uk

Visit the Spapps UK Forums!!!
Spapps UK Forums [new]
Spapps UK Forums alternative link
^^^ CLICK ME ^^^

Current Projects:

DAR~ling update tba*
WMP Remote** (need new ideas!!)

TV Remote codenamed meetu (postponed)
mini PC Controller codenamed mawk

jchamier

jchamier

Quite unimportant

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Interests:Wine, Women, Songs :)
  • Devices:iPhone 5s

I had that today from 3, they seemed to know my network and when my contract expired.

That's gotta be against the Data Protection Act(s).
http://www.ico.gov.uk/

My devices: Apple iPhone 4S on T-Mobile - Android: Amazon Kindle Fire

Previously: Android: Huawei U8800, ZTE Blade & Ancient: WM6.1: HTC Blackstone, WM6: HTC Kaiser, WM5: HTC Hermes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users