Well, I didn't give it a full charge yesterday and I was playing with it almost constantly until about 11pm, and the battery was down to one bar (of 3) this morning.
There is an "engineering mode" sort of thing, but I forgot the code so couldn't get the actual %
- I've messed up the camera settings, so the flash goes out the instant before it takes a picture! Doh!
- Camera lag is up to 2 seconds (depends on settings) which is a lot
- Cant find a way to reduce the font size for menus, messages etc. The large font is a waste of the big screen (unless you're almost blind)
- Cant find the SyncML settings, and I suspect they're not there. I was led to believe this had SyncML support.
- Haven't been able to get my GMail account working. You can have more than one email account on the phone (not obvious from the manual)
On the subject of the manual, mine is all French. Not a word of English in it. You can download the English version, but bad of OneStop IMO.
That all sounds negative. On the whole I like the phone.
I love the size and weight
The screen is really sharp
The keypad and slider have a nice feel
The shortcuts are useful (left=new SMS, right=new email, just like Nokias)
The My Menu (list of "favourite" apps) is very useful
I like the way, when you type numbers it offers common actions - compose an SMS, add an appt, set an alarm etc
The GPRS connection and email downloads are substantially faster than my PDA
The downsides are not insignificant, but as a small spare phone it meets my main criteria well. I'll have to see if I can live with the "flaws"