Anyway, we are now almost at the end of my 30 day notice period and I decided I may as well get a PAC code; that way I have the opportunity to transfer my number to my new provider if I decide to do so. So I called this morning to be told that if I now wanted to alter my cancellation request and change it to a PAC request, they would have to cancel my existing cancellation request and put in a PAC request - meaning that once again I am forced to give 30 days notice from today!
I could do nothing but laugh at this and I advised the O rep that she had just given me an excellent reason for leaving Orange! Incidentally, I had done so approx 4 months ago but this confirmed yet again that I have made the right choice!
Since moving to T-Mob, I have never looked back. MUCH better service and MILES better value! In fact, I fail to see why anyone would stay with Orange and their 'animal' tariffs!