Answerphone Delay

Guest Jasonkruys

Guest Jasonkruys

I have done a search, and found nothing.

My sister has a new DG Motorola V3i on T-mobile, and wants to know how to set the answerphone dleay to 30 seconds. I have tried some convoluted code I had, but it didn't work, so I must have it wrong.

So....anyone with a V3i know how to do it with the settings, or anyone else know the network code?

Thanks

Guest pd.ryder

I don't know the Moto V3 but these settings are usually within the 'Divert' menu, or similar. Often called divert on no answer / no response / out of coverage, all of which divert the call to AnsaPhone system.

Good luck :) :D

Guest neil5459

You could try this (from XDA Developers & 4WinMobile)

"You can increase the time it takes for voicemail to pick up. I set mine to max 30 secs and I haven't missed a call I've heard. My phone seems to ring after 2-3 rings on the other end. This may not work for every carrier. I'm on Cingular in the U.S.

Step 1. Key in the following into your phone *#61# then press the call/send button. This will return a telephone number and the current delay time before voice mail kicks in .

Step 2. Write it down.

Step 3. If you wanted, say, 30 seconds, before the Voice mail activated, then you would put 30 where the nn is in the following string and the telephone number from step 2 where the xxxxxxxx is.

Key in **61*xxxxxxxxx*11*nn# followed by the call/send button and it should update the delay.

For example, it would look like this **61*xxxxxxxxxxx*11*30#

If your phone reports the delay time, you can check by following step 1 again. "

Works on T-Mob, O2 and Orange in UK, so looks as if its universal.

Guest chucky.egg

I've always used it without the *11, so for T-Mobile UK:

**61*+447953605167**30#
instead of
**61*+447953605167*11*30#

What does the 11 signify?

And the 61 seems to signify "divert on no answer", so are there equivalent codes for the other divert options?

I might try this as a speed dial. I get cruddy reception at the In Laws (the one place where you really want work to phone you) so I may be able to divert to their landline at the touch of a button. Must remember to remove the divert afterwards though.