2 Questions aboiut the S620

Guest xerxes

I am thinking of moving back from Symbian to WM5 with the S620 but there are a couple of things I need to know first. I'm hoping one of you S620 owners can tell me

1. Does the S620 allow you to send and receive contacts via SMS i.e. to receive a business card over the air from a Nokia/Sony Eric/Samsung etc? People at my company use this a lot so I usually receive a couple of business cards a week.

2. Is there any way to lock the keypad into numeric mode? I'm going to use a Ptab spreadsheet on which I'll need to enter mostly numbers so I don't want to have hold the function button down all the time

3. Does Opera Mini run ok? I've tried it on a friends SP5 and the small fonts are almost unreadable.

Thanks

Hello Xerxes,

I have the HTC S620 just for 1 week.Great !!!! before i used a nokia 9300 symbian

Answers on your questions are.

1. Yes you are able to send Vcards.

2. Hmm Htc s620 does have a verry small keypad, no touchscreen, so look at Htc p3300 more pocket pc.

3. Not tested Opra mini

Regards JWP

I am thinking of moving back from Symbian to WM5 with the S620 but there are a couple of things I need to know first. I'm hoping one of you S620 owners can tell me

1. Does the S620 allow you to send and receive contacts via SMS i.e. to receive a business card over the air from a Nokia/Sony Eric/Samsung etc? People at my company use this a lot so I usually receive a couple of business cards a week.

2. Is there any way to lock the keypad into numeric mode? I'm going to use a Ptab spreadsheet on which I'll need to enter mostly numbers so I don't want to have hold the function button down all the time

3. Does Opera Mini run ok? I've tried it on a friends SP5 and the small fonts are almost unreadable.

Thanks

You can lock into numerical mode, I think you press the alt key twice.

Opera mini works great.

The fonts are much more legible then on the SDA, not sure if the new version of opera mini has anything to do with it since I haven't tried the new version on my SDA.

Guest justinstafford

Yes you should be able to recieve as long as it is a vcard from any device. To use num lock, just hit alt twice and it will be num locked, also if you hold down any of the keys it will do the alternate function, so you really don't need it unless to lock. you can do the same with caps.

here are some other tips

1. hold home key to activate voice command

2. in start menu the apps are in a 4 x 2 table

EX

# # # #

# # # #

on the QWERTY

Guest justinstafford

Yes you should be able to recieve as long as it is a vcard from any device. To use num lock, just hit alt twice and it will be num locked, also if you hold down any of the keys it will do the alternate function, so you really don't need it unless to lock. you can do the same with caps.

here are some other tips

1. hold home key to activate voice command

2. in start menu the apps are in a 4 x 2 table

EX

# # # #

# # # #

on the QWERTY keyboard these will act as shortcuts

Q W E R

A S D F

3. HOLD END KEY FOR LOCK

4. TAP POWER BUTTON FOR SHORTCUT LIST TO PROFILES AND COMM MANAGER

AND OPERA 3.0 RUNS WELL, BUT FOR THE OK AND BACK BUTTON THE KEYS ARE Q P THE TOP LEFT AND TOP RIGHT, NOT THE DEFAULT SOFTKEYS.

HOPE THAT HELPED.