Smartphone QVGA quake and source code.

Guest mmone3

I have finally found sometime to work on directx version and now it works fullscreen on my qtek 8500. Its a bit slow with stock 200mhz cpu speed and maybe someone can tell me how it runs with their cpu overclocked because I cant run omapclock because my phone is not unlocked.

Oh I have updated the files below with my latest build and source.

PocketQuake.exe

QvgaQuake_source.zip

Edited by mmone3

Guest mikeeey
I have finally found sometime to work on directx version and now it works fullscreen on my qtek 8500. Its a bit slow with stock 200mhz cpu speed and maybe someone can tell me how it runs with their cpu overclocked because I cant run omapclock because my phone is not unlocked.

whoa it works!!! it actually works! no white screen nothings wrong with it! now the only thing left ot be fixed is the health bar and everything at the bottom needs to be moved over the left a little more or sized down so it can display the whole thing. but besides that it works, yay

Guest mikeeey
Ill try to get it out within the next few day.

cool i wonder if theres a way it can be sped up a little more, and also re size everything to fit the screen, theres still a few things that dont fit, such as the item bar at the bottom, and the status when u complete a level.

I have updated the files in my first post with my latest executable and source code too. Also the bottom menu is now centered and exe is now a bit more optimized. yes it is still a bit slow on my unclocked qtek 8500 but it runs like a champ on my htc p3600(trinity)... :)

Guest mikeeey
I have updated the files in my first post with my latest executable and source code too. Also the bottom menu is now centered and exe is now a bit more optimized. yes it is still a bit slow on my unclocked qtek 8500 but it runs like a champ on my htc p3600(trinity)... :)

this works much better! i cant tell if the menubar is stil missing some parts or its just barely cut off at the end. if its only a few pixels then that doesnt matter. it seems to run faster, but it now crashes after about 10 seconds if i overclock my phone to 264mhz. at 252mhz it runs fine, funny huh? atleast its faster now, even at 1 clock speed lower. maybe in the future this could be fixed, unless it requires the game to be slowed down then its fine how it is. 1 last thing that isnt that important but would be nice to have, is that when u edit the controls it keeps the .cfg file edited that way, adn doesnt go back to the defaults when u restart. then again it doesnt matter too much cuz u can just edit the .cfg on your pc.

Edited by mikeeey

Guest mikeeey
this works much better! i cant tell if the menubar is stil missing some parts or its just barely cut off at the end. if its only a few pixels then that doesnt matter. it seems to run faster, but it now crashes after about 10 seconds if i overclock my phone to 264mhz. at 252mhz it runs fine, funny huh? atleast its faster now, even at 1 clock speed lower. maybe in the future this could be fixed, unless it requires the game to be slowed down then its fine how it is. 1 last thing that isnt that important but would be nice to have, is that when u edit the controls it keeps the .cfg file edited that way, adn doesnt go back to the defaults when u restart. then again it doesnt matter too much cuz u can just edit the .cfg on your pc.

I've made a .cfg file that will automaticly stay the same every time u launch the program. place the file in the ID1 folder and replace the autoexec.cfg thats in there. The config folder for some reason doesnt have any effect when its edited.

the controls are:

joystick up - move forward

joystick down - move back

joystick left - turn left

joystick right - move right

if u press the joystick inward it will center you.

hold down 0 and use the joystick to strafe

* is shoot

1 is look up

4 is look down

7 is jump/swim up

8 is swim down

3 switches weapons.

the other keys are blank and dont need a key.

if theres a command for next weapon and previous weapon then please tell me, that would be very helpful.

try mine out and see how it suits u...

Edited by mikeeey

Guest feoysolo

I can't get this to work on my T-Mobile SDA (US) with SP5m rom. It goes to the opening slate (SPV Quake Credits:...) and either freezes or immediately closes when I push a button. Any ideas?

Guest mikeeey
I can't get this to work on my T-Mobile SDA (US) with SP5m rom. It goes to the opening slate (SPV Quake Credits:...) and either freezes or immediately closes when I push a button. Any ideas?

well im usin an sda and it works fine for me. keep in mind u have to download the quake 1 shareware demo and put the pocketquake.exe in the same folder as the shareware.

Guest feoysolo
well im usin an sda and it works fine for me. keep in mind u have to download the quake 1 shareware demo and put the pocketquake.exe in the same folder as the shareware.

Actually, I'm an idiot. Thank you for phrasing that in a way that was absolutely not condescending, but I did not realize that I have to download and put the Quake demo on my phone as well. I should have known, as I have doom and Duke Nuke'em on my phone. I'll get the shareware demo and try it out.

Thanks again.

Guest mikeeey
Actually, I'm an idiot. Thank you for phrasing that in a way that was absolutely not condescending, but I did not realize that I have to download and put the Quake demo on my phone as well. I should have known, as I have doom and Duke Nuke'em on my phone. I'll get the shareware demo and try it out.

Thanks again.

lol yea. duke3d is really fun but im on the 2nd set of episodes close to the last level and when it loads a level it always crashes. when i get the time i need to install duke nukem 3d on my computer again and pass that part and save again and put that on my phone

Guest mikeeey
on my spv c600 it runs a bit slow.. even if i overclock it (252 or 264mhz)..

also, there is a ~ 2 seconds lag between sound and the action..

hav u tried restarting ur phone and making sure u have a lot of memory to run it?

i've tried to play after a soft reset. the lag is still present whatever i do.. don't you have a lag between the sound and the action?

if i overclock at 252mhz runs ok but not perfectly, if i don't overclock the game plays with slowdowns.. i'm wondering how it runs on spv e200 which is under htc tornado in terms of performance..

maybe the source is not that optimized..

Guest mikeeey
i've tried to play after a soft reset. the lag is still present whatever i do.. don't you have a lag between the sound and the action?

if i overclock at 252mhz runs ok but not perfectly, if i don't overclock the game plays with slowdowns.. i'm wondering how it runs on spv e200 which is under htc tornado in terms of performance..

maybe the source is not that optimized..

i dont have any audio/video sync lag. it is slower when its not overclocked, and it plays fine when overclocked. a little slow, but better than the first version of pocketquake.

Guest mikeeey
wat does _snd_mixahead "0.50" do?

i added _snd_mixahead "0.50" and it made the audio and video off sync. now when i delete it and make it go back to how it was before its still off syc. wat did u do to my cfg file?? it doesnt work rite anymore. i didnt realize that it was already at the top of my cfg file so i had it in there twice...

*i deleted the whole folder and put everything back on. now its only half as bad as it was before, but still not as good as it was before i added that _snd_mixahead "0.50". somethin about one of my cfg files before made the audio and video sync perfect. i guess il just keep playin around till i get it to work

Edited by mikeeey