Paul's HTC P4350 review now online!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

I'm pleased to announce that my HTC P4350 review is now online!

p4350-leds.gif

Click Here to read the review in full!

I've been running a pre production unit for a few weeks now, and have recently received my retail unit... so you can be sure that the review you're reading is of a real, life, shipping, paid for HTC P4350... not a shiny chrome prototype :D

Here's a few quotes from the review for you! :)

P

A while has passed now since the Wizard hit the streets (over a year), and HTC has now released the HTC Herald, to be sold under their consumer brand as the P4350.

Now, the waters have been muddied a little by the release of the HTC Hermes, particularly the fact that it has been released by T-Mobile as the MDA Vario II. You could argue that the Hermes is in fact the successor to the Wizard, offering a very similar form factor and a hugely improved specification... and you'd probably be right. So is there room for the Herald? What is it exactly?

For this review I am covering the full retail P4350, that I purchased from Expansys. I have been using a Marketing Sample for a few weeks, but have now replaced it with the real deal :D

The HTC P4350 arrives in a new box design for HTC devices... more square than before, and generally a nicer unboxing experience :D

The box contains the following items:

The keyboard. The keyboard slide out action is fantastic. Sliding out from the right hand side of the device as opposed to left on the Wizard / Hermes etc., the keyboard 'springs' out with a satisfying snap... a vast improvement on the previous mechanisms on other devices. As an added bonus, opening the keyboard also powers the device on.

I've been using the P4350 as my main device for a couple of weeks now, and am now using a proper retail device, so i'm comfortable giving a good assessment of it in use. I'll confess that I was very excited about getting the P4350. Living in a non-3G coverage area, I figured it could be the perfect device for me! So let's see how it fared!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.