Guest hujer

index.php?automodule=downloads&req=display&code=sst&id=2038
File Name: DontForget 2 - More than missed events notifier

File Submitter: hujer

File Submitted: 12 Dec 2006

File Updated: 14 Dec 2006

File Category: Utilities - Phone Management

Description

DontForget is easy-to-use and fully configurable missed events notifier for Windows Mobile 2005 based Smartphones. But it is not just an extension for Windows Mobile operating system which should already be present and preinstalled. Except that DontForget will repeatedly inform you about missed events by sound, vibration, notification window or by LED and you will never forget about urgent SMS or important call, you also can customize its behaviour completely, in certain profile, in Flight-mode or in preset time period.

E.g. you can switch all notifications off at a time when you are usually sleeping. DontForget also can automatically switch your device to certain profile, switch to the Flight-mode or switch the device completelly off in given time of deactivation.

Finally you also can handle (slow down or completelly disable) standard LED blinking also on devices (like HTC clones) where the LEDs are controled on hardware level.

Available languages:

English, Czech, Slovakian, German, French, Spanish, Chinese, Polish and Russian.

System requirements:

• Only Windows Mobile 2005 Smartphone edition operating system and higher is supported. You may install it on WM2003(SE) powered device but some features will not work or will not work correctly – especially missed events notifications. Support for these platforms is not planned nor in the future. The same hold for PocketPC devices with WM2005 – some features may not work correctly and this version of the DontForget is not indented for PPC. Full featured version for PocketPC devices should probably be available during the year 2007.

• By default QVGA (320×240) resolution is supported including landscape oriented displays (240×320) or square-shaped displays e.g. 240×240. Also lower resolutions are supported e.g. 176×220 but you have to scroll a bit more to see whole text.

More...

Complete info, download and updates: http://magazin.softimage.cz/dontforget/app-description/

Edited by hujer

df2lang-en.gifdf2auto-en.gif

Welcome in new thread

The old thread about DontForget 1.x was stopped. This is a new one intended for DontForget starting from version 2.0.

Please visit also NEWS page, where you always can find fresh information about DontForget development.

If you want to report a bug and discuss it, including discussion about current and planned features etc.

visit also my technical support page.

Hujer

Edited by hujer

Guest eduardomaio

Thank you so much, i've been searching for a plug-in like this for a long time. Now I can stop the led from blinking, it was annoying. Now it only blinks when I receive an SMS, wonderful! :)

• 2 weeks later...

DontForget 2.01 released

• I fixed small but annoying bug:

An unexpected error has occured in DontForgetAdmin.exe: ArgumentException.

Due to this bug Admin program cannot be started after installation.

More detailed information and download you can find HERE !

Enjoy

Hujer

DontForget 2.10 Beta 1 released

• support for voicemails

• a possibility to force the vibration on reminders. Switching this option ON, vibration is provided regardless of currently selected profile (vibrates always on reminders).

Enjoy

Hujer

• 3 weeks later...

This is a must have application. It made my T-Mobile Dash complete. Come to think that before I came across DF I had paid $22.50 for another product that only occasionally worked.

To like-minded individuals who have downloaded this great app, may I suggest you donate $3 to the "Help for the Sightless" kids charity Hujer is promoting. Here is the link: http://blog.softimage.cz/?page_id=45

Thanks Hujer for the time you put into this. Continue the good work.

Edited by folt

This is a must have application. It made my T-Mobile Dash complete. Come to think that before I came across DF I had paid $22.50 for another product that only occasionally worked.

To like-minded individuals who have downloaded this great app, may I suggest you donate $3 to the "Help for the Sightless" kids charity Hujer is promoting. Here is the link: http://blog.softimage.cz/?page_id=45

Thanks, that would be nice - very nice.

Is their a way to set a vibrate interval? Currently when my BlackJack vibrates, it vibrates forever and never stops. Is their a way to set it to vibrate in spurts, and give up after a while?

Is their a way to set a vibrate interval? Currently when my BlackJack vibrates, it vibrates forever and never stops. Is their a way to set it to vibrate in spurts, and give up after a while?

Please try to test it via menu item "Test" and send me the results then.

Q: does BlackJack have a LED light ?

If not, please uncheck "Enable LED alert" option to disable this feature.

Edited by hujer

DontForget 2.10 Beta 2 with some new features released

df210en.gif

This time no much bug-fixes but a few new features was added – as many times required.

This version adds new some possibilities to set some actions on DF re-activation.

It means you can assign e.g. the profile to be set when the DF is back from deactivated state – see picture.

Enjoy

Hujer

Edited by hujer

hujer,

quick question...has anyone reported that the 'on time from' and 'on time thru' actions are not working properly, maybe specifically on a Cingular 3125 or StrTrk model. I have it all setup, and for the most part it seems to be working perfectly. I have it set to deactivate between 2100 and 0800. I also have the deactivate actions set to go 'Silent' and 'Flight Mode On' and then go back to 'Normal' and 'Flight Mode Off' at these times. The profile switching works fine, but Flight mode isn't working.

Any ideas ?

Anything else I can provide to assist w/ the debug ?

TIA,

Chris

quick question...has anyone reported that the 'on time from' and 'on time thru' actions are not working properly, maybe specifically on a Cingular 3125 or StrTrk model. I have it all setup, and for the most part it seems to be working perfectly. I have it set to deactivate between 2100 and 0800. I also have the deactivate actions set to go 'Silent' and 'Flight Mode On' and then go back to 'Normal' and 'Flight Mode Off' at these times. The profile switching works fine, but Flight mode isn't working.

Please export following registry branches incl. all sub-branches

and me it to my e-mail hujer(at)softimage(dot)cz

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\QuickApp

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SoftImage\DontForget

Please also try to simulate the situation and watch carefully how it behaves

and try to describe as much as possible your findinds. Thanks.

Please export following registry branches incl. all sub-branches

and me it to my e-mail hujer(at)softimage(dot)cz

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\QuickApp

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SoftImage\DontForget

Please also try to simulate the situation and watch carefully how it behaves

and try to describe as much as possible your findinds. Thanks.

Thanks for the response, will do, I'll monitor it today and send my finding and the keys above later today/tonight.

Chris

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nickdiaz

Feature request: Disable DontForget reminders during a call, or delay them until after the call.

I keep a 2 minute interval on DF reminders. If I'm on a call and a reminder goes off or an sms comes in, I already have the phone in hand so I know about the event. However, I find that unless I acknowledge the calendar event or read the sms, DF continues to remind me. That makes for a lot of distractions during the call.

Well I have copied everything to my Cingular 3125. Gone into explorer and selected the cab file which seems to unpack on the screen but that is it.

Nothing else happens and the screen just stays like that.

Doesn't seem to install on my phone.

Something I am missing ?

B

;)-->

QUOTE(Mr. B @ Feb 24 2007, 19:37) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I have copied everything to my Cingular 3125. Gone into explorer and selected the cab file which seems to unpack on the screen but that is it. Nothing else happens and the screen just stays like that.

This should work. Try diffrent cab.

Which (and from where) version did you tried ?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ozeegers

Hello Hujer!

Seems a very good program but i get an exception when i install and run....

I have: HTC TyTn with WM5 (5.1.195 build 14955.2.3.0)

I can install Dontforget and get a program icon. When i run the program it gives an error....

unexpected exception in DontforgetAdmin.exe

Details:

MISC: HandleAR+0x5b

Combobox::set_SelectedINdex+0x13

MainForm::MainForm_Load+0xa7f

Form::onload+0x15

Form::_SetVisibleNotify+0x1d

Control::set_Visible+0x1f

Application::Run+0x7

MainForm::Main+0xa

What is wrong ?

cheers,

Olivier

Guest hujer

However, you are running DF on the PocketPC device and it is intended for Smartphones in this version.

The next release version will run on PocketPCs as well (even this is not "real" PPC version).

For now you can try to "fix" it by adding following registry entries.

Please add following keys to you device registry:

Create the key HKCU\ControlPanel\Profiles

Create the key HKCU\ControlPanel\Profiles\Silent

Create the key HKCU\ControlPanel\Profiles\Loud

Create the key HKCU\ControlPanel\Profiles\Normal

Create the key HKCU\ControlPanel\Profiles\Meeting

Now you should be able to run the DontForgetAdmin and set up all parameters.

Please note that due to missing Profiles on PocketPCs you have to switch off following options in the Admin:

- deactivate in following profile:

- switch to following profile (in both deactivation and re-activation section)

Full featured PPC version should be available late this year (I hope).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.