- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

oldSAP

oldSAP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
wow! i like the added options menu where we can set the snooze time, default volume and default sound.
Also the "Name:" part of a new alarm is automatically highlighted so we can enter our alarm name immediately without having to delete the default "Alarm 1" title.

chrisjaffe

chrisjaffe

Lovin' the Gator Nation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:HTC Fuze
WOW! Thanks for this app. I really like it.

I would like to make two small requests for future development.

First is it possible to select a shortcut file (.lnk) as the target of the execute program function? The shortcuts show up in the brows folder and you can select them, but when you click done they are not saved. When you re-enter the alarm there is no program selected and if the alarm tries to fire you just get an error which hangs the program and prevents any subsequent programs from firing. Another alternative that would let me do the same thing would be to support arguments to an executable. I get the same problem when I try to enter the arguments.

Second is it possible to enable the automatic profile as one of the selections for the change profile option. I use this profile most often but I cannot set Snooze to automatically set this profile.

I hope that these are not too much to ask. I really like the app and these improvements would enable me to configure it just the way I want. Either way thanks again for the great app.

Chris

Edited by chrisjaffe, 19 January 2007 - 10:38 PM.

chrisjaffe

chrisjaffe

Lovin' the Gator Nation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Yeah, restricting the browse to .exe files was a bit narrow minded of me. I have changed it to all files, as you can "run" a .jpg file (for example) and the file association will pick the right program.

I just saw this... :) ...Not sure how I missed it the first time through. I guess that I am not doing something right since I cannot make this work with a .lnk shortcut file as I mentioned in my last post.

Any thoughts?

Chris

rogueqd

rogueqd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Devices:Nokia 6500 Slide

I just saw this... :) ...Not sure how I missed it the first time through. I guess that I am not doing something right since I cannot make this work with a .lnk shortcut file as I mentioned in my last post.

Any thoughts?

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your feedback. I don't actually use the execute program ability myself, so it's the least tested part of my code, as you can tell. :D After reading your comments I did some testing myself and have fixed most of the problems.

When you browse for a program it will now add quotes around the full path. Anything after the quotes will be passed as arguments when the program is executed. Existing alarms without quotes will be unchanged.

eg "\Program Files\MyProgram.exe" /a /r /g
"/a /r /g" will be passed as the args.

I've also fixed the text in the program text box, the info was there but it was never displayed.

I haven't tested running shortcuts, but I use a function from core.dll to do the executing, so if they don't work it's likely that they never will.

I'll have a look at the Automatic profile later on.

Edited by rogueqd, 29 January 2007 - 10:17 PM.

chrisjaffe

chrisjaffe

Lovin' the Gator Nation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your feedback. I don't actually use the execute program ability myself, so it's the least tested part of my code, as you can tell. :) After reading your comments I did some testing myself and have fixed most of the problems.

When you browse for a program it will now add quotes around the full path. Anything after the quotes will be passed as arguments when the program is executed. Existing alarms without quotes will be unchanged.

eg "\Program Files\MyProgram.exe" /a /r /g
"/a /r /g" will be passed as the args.

I've also fixed the text in the program text box, the info was there but it was never displayed.

I haven't tested running shortcuts, but I use a function from core.dll to do the executing, so if they don't work it's likely that they never will.
I'll have a look at the Automatic profile later on.

Now that is some fast service!!!

Edit: Just tried it and it works like a charm. Thanks!

Can't wait to see what the future holds...

Edited by chrisjaffe, 22 January 2007 - 03:56 AM.

rogueqd

rogueqd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

No that is some fast service!!! Can't wait to see what the future holds...

lol, your just lucky that my new flatmate moves in today so I'm sitting around waiting for him. :)

PS. Here's a version with the Automatic profile option.

Attached Files

Edited by rogueqd, 29 January 2007 - 10:16 PM.

keithmaddock

keithmaddock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Moto Q
I have a problem with this program on my Motorola Q where if the keypad is locked, then the alarm will run only 3-4 repeitions of the WAV or MP3 file, and then dismiss itself. Is there any way to fix this?

rogueqd

rogueqd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Is there any way to fix this?

Without a Motorola phone myself it's hard to say what the problem is. I've made a test version for you to try. It loops the sound in a different way, which I hope will fix the problem, and also displays a message saying "Snooze is exiting cleanly." just before it closes. That way you can tell if it is really dismissing the alarm or if it's crashing.

Let me know if it works, and also if you always see the exiting message.

Edited by rogueqd, 06 February 2007 - 07:59 PM.

ajk34

ajk34

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:null
Hi I'm very new at this.

I upgraded my mpx200 to wm5 today, but I don't know how to install a .cab file.

I seem not to have a file explorer to seach for the cab file.

Is there another way?

Thanks in advance

chrisjaffe

chrisjaffe

Lovin' the Gator Nation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Hi I'm very new at this.

I upgraded my mpx200 to wm5 today, but I don't know how to install a .cab file.

I seem not to have a file explorer to seach for the cab file.

Is there another way?

Thanks in advance

It has been a while since I have used that phone but I don't believe that that version of WM5 came with a file explorer. You can get a third party one that will work. I use SP Smart Explorer because you can use it for free. Another popular one is Resco Explorer which I am sure has a free trial. Just google for either you should be able to find them pretty easily.

nexus

nexus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Here's 1.2 beta. Just replace Snooze.exe with the one in the zip file. I'll upload it to the download section over the weekend unless anyone finds a bug to report.

Thanks for all your feedback oldSAP. Get this version, as it has some improvements from the one I sent you the other day.

Edit: File removed. Version 1.2 is in downloads page.

FYI: on my Qtec 8500, wm5 I get an microsoft .net compact error. I need a newer version to use snooze.exe.

rogueqd

rogueqd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

FYI: on my Qtec 8500, wm5 I get an microsoft .net compact error. I need a newer version to use snooze.exe.

Do you have compact framework 2.0 installed?

golgotha100

golgotha100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Dash
Hi. Great program. WM5 should have a decent alarm clock built in, but this is an excellent replacement. I have one question though: is it possible to make the phone vibrate as an alarm? I don't see any option for this in the program, and I don't know how to make the phone do this programmatically.

Thanks. Awesome job even without the vibrate.

Edited by golgotha100, 29 April 2007 - 04:58 PM.

rogueqd

rogueqd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Hi. Great program. WM5 should have a decent alarm clock built in, but this is an excellent replacement. I have one question though: is it possible to make the phone vibrate as an alarm? I don't see any option for this in the program, and I don't know how to make the phone do this programmatically.

Thanks. Awesome job even without the vibrate.

Hi golgotha,

Thanks for your comments. I have added the vibrate functionality, and hopefully finally found the bug that causes the sound not to play sometimes. I want to test this for a few days, then I'll post the new version in the downloads section.

golgotha100

golgotha100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hi golgotha,

Thanks for your comments. I have added the vibrate functionality, and hopefully finally found the bug that causes the sound not to play sometimes. I want to test this for a few days, then I'll post the new version in the downloads section.

Yay! ::Happy Dance

rogueqd

rogueqd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Yay! ::Happy Dance

Here's a version with vibrate. I'm still testing it, but let me know what you think.

Oh, and I changed the alarm volume options. Old alarms will still have their old volume options, but if you edit them you'll need to pick a new volume unless they are set to Full.

Attached Files

Edited by rogueqd, 07 May 2007 - 05:57 AM.

golgotha100

golgotha100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Here's a version with vibrate. I'm still testing it, but let me know what you think.

Oh, and I changed the alarm volume options. Old alarms will still have their old volume options, but if you edit them you'll need to pick a new volume unless they are set to Full.

I'll set two alarms tonight for testing in the morning. I'll let you know how they work.

golgotha100

golgotha100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
ok. I already had two recurring alarms set for M-F, one at 6am, another for 7am. With the updated program, I did not change anything except I checked the vibrate option. The "Action" is set to "Play sound", and the "Sound" defaults to "QUEST1.WAV"; vol@100%.

The alarms went off as desired. The alarm vibrated and played the WAV file simultaneously. Vibrate made quite a racket too which is very desirable. It would be nice if you could press any button to snooze, and only the left soft key to quit the alarm, but that's a very minor thought that does not detract from the user experience.

If I wanted just vibrate without a sound file, I suppose I could create a blank WAV file, and store that on the phone? Perhaps that could be included?

Great update. I did expect the vibrate option to be a list item in the "Action" drop-down menu, but a check box works fine too. The update works as I wanted/hoped/expected it to do.

Thanks for the update!

rogueqd

rogueqd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

If I wanted just vibrate without a sound file, I suppose I could create a blank WAV file, and store that on the phone? Perhaps that could be included?

Great update. I did expect the vibrate option to be a list item in the "Action" drop-down menu, but a check box works fine too. The update works as I wanted/hoped/expected it to do.

I guess I could put it as an action, but I thought it worked better as an addition to the sounds. One of the new volume options is 1%, which you virtually can't hear unless your in a quiet room, so you could set the volume to that if you wanted just vibrate.

Also, you can press any of the number pad keys to snooze for the default snooze length, you only need the menu if you want to snooze for a non-default time. That was one of the features I wanted that prompted me to develop it in the first place. :rolleyes:

Lastly, you realise this plays MP3's too right?

golgotha100

golgotha100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I guess I could put it as an action, but I thought it worked better as an addition to the sounds. One of the new volume options is 1%, which you virtually can't hear unless your in a quiet room, so you could set the volume to that if you wanted just vibrate.

Also, you can press any of the number pad keys to snooze for the default snooze length, you only need the menu if you want to snooze for a non-default time. That was one of the features I wanted that prompted me to develop it in the first place. smile.gif

Now that I think about it, having vibrate as an option allows for flexibility.
I did not know about using the number pad keys to snooze. That is ideal.
I just love this program.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users