• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Dan8859

Dan8859

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:SPV C600
Just wanted to say I've been using this app for a few months now and it's great. Thanks very much. I have it set up to open a playlist where a song is randomly played from a list of fairly chilled tunes to wake up to. Only improvement I can think of is the unlocking of the phone as the alarm goes off, but I'm very very appreciative of the hours/days it's taken to get this far. Cheers.

rogueqd

rogueqd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Devices:Nokia 6500 Slide

Only improvement I can think of is the unlocking of the phone as the alarm goes off, but I'm very very appreciative of the hours/days it's taken to get this far. Cheers.

Yeah, that feature is the only one on my original list that I never managed to work out how to implement.

Speaking of adding features, it's been ages since I've even looked at the code for Snooze. If anyone would like the source code to continue the development please let me know. The only condition being that you post any new versions here so that others can continue to download it for free.

Or, is there any sort of open source source control place someone can suggest that I can upload it to?

rogueqd

rogueqd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
I decided to do a little more work on Snooze, so here's the latest version. I've tested it myself, but I'd like a few other people to test it as well before I put it in the downloads page.

The changes are:
Vibrate again (I lost the source code for the last vibrate version, and the new code is better anyway)
Treeview file browser
Better storage card code, the program will now find the storage card independantly of where it's installed
Bug fix where a sound would keep playing when you closed the Options window
Tweak to provide a better interface when changing the alarm action
Removed check for old alarms stored in registry

I've removed the files. Please get v1.3 from the downloads section

Edited by rogueqd, 27 August 2007 - 05:27 AM.

rogueqd

rogueqd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
I'm not sure how many other people have experienced randon lockups while using Snoose, specifically while playing alarms or queueing multiple sound alarms. It has always been a major annoyance for me but I had no clue what was causing it.

Anyway, I fixed a major hidden bug and after testing for a week I'm pretty sure I have eliminated the lockups. If anyone else has experienced these and would like to test, I'd love to hear some feedback.

I've also added an option for 24 hour time, select it in the Options form.

Once I get a couple of confirmartions re the lockup bug I'll post 1.3.1 in the downloads section. This is intended to be the final version of Snooze (unless someone sends me some code to override the keypad lock).

File removed. please get 1.3.1 from the download section.
(I'd still appreciate comments confirming that the lockup bug is fixed, or not)

Edited by rogueqd, 11 October 2007 - 01:56 AM.

Mistertwo

Mistertwo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Q9H
I've been trying to use Snooze on my Moto Q9H but can't seem to get any sounds to play including the default quest1.wav file. It does vibrate, just no sound. I've tried downloading .NET CF 2.0 but was prompted that it was already installed on the phone. Everything else works fine as far as I can see. Anyone have a clue why I can't get any sounds?

hotdogg

hotdogg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:moto q9h

I've been trying to use Snooze on my Moto Q9H but can't seem to get any sounds to play including the default quest1.wav file. It does vibrate, just no sound. I've tried downloading .NET CF 2.0 but was prompted that it was already installed on the phone. Everything else works fine as far as I can see. Anyone have a clue why I can't get any sounds?

I have a Moto Q 9h and have the same problem... no sound. I moved sound filles in to the Programs/Snooze folder and I can see the different sound files when setting alarms but the only thing that works for me is the vibrate as well.

rogueqd

rogueqd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Anyone have a clue why I can't get any sounds?

Snooze should give you an error if it can't find the fmod dll, so the only other thing I can think of is maybe fmod doesn't work with the Moto Q 9h, have you tried using any other programs that use fmod for sounds?

maschenazi

maschenazi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for the program. It works great on my SPV E650, but when I try it on my older SPV E200 it doesn't work. I installed the latest version of snooze, but when I try to open it, I just get the turning circle (processing) and after 2 seconds, nothing happens.
Is it not compatible with Win CE 4.20 ? Is it anything I could do to get it to work ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

rogueqd

rogueqd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Is it not compatible with Win CE 4.20 ? Is it anything I could do to get it to work ?

I've never tested it on 4.20, but there's no particular reason why it shouldn't work. Have you got the .NET Compact Framework installed on the CE 4.20 phone?

[Edit] Oh, I just remembered, the fmod dll included with the install is specific to WM5, for WM2003 you need to download a different fmod dll from their web page. www.fmod.com (or org, or something, just google it, lol)

Edited by rogueqd, 23 June 2008 - 11:55 AM.

maschenazi

maschenazi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I've never tested it on 4.20, but there's no particular reason why it shouldn't work. Have you got the .NET Compact Framework installed on the CE 4.20 phone?

[Edit] Oh, I just remembered, the fmod dll included with the install is specific to WM5, for WM2003 you need to download a different fmod dll from their web page. www.fmod.com (or org, or something, just google it, lol)

Thanks for your reply. I have tried replacing fmodce.dll with few versions I found on the internet. Still no joy. I tried to install .NET CF 2.0 but it says is not compatible with the current OS.
Sorry to be a pain but I am quite a novice with smartphones.

Edited by maschenazi, 25 June 2008 - 03:57 PM.

coman

coman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
hey, i've been searching for a while for a scheduler or an alarm application that could do this one thing but had no luck so far: i need a reminder/alarm to be set for every other friday. i've found no app that can do that, you can usually do a certain day of the week every week or a certain date every month.

would it be possible to add this feature in snooze?

thanks

rogueqd

rogueqd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

would it be possible to add this feature in snooze?

I haven't looked at snooze's source code in ages. To tell the truth I don't even have a smartphone anymore. I'll attach the most recent source code I have incase someone wants to continue development, or have a laugh at it, steal bits from it, whatever. I did end up putting in the touchscreen support, so this version has that. It was never tested very thoroughly tho.

Outlook can make an appointment that occurs every second Friday, just make the appointment in Outlook and sync the calendar with your phone. My Nokia 6500 Slide has that feature in it's standard calendar, so you could just get one of those, it's a very nice phone.

Attached Files

Edited by rogueqd, 21 August 2008 - 12:24 AM.

coman

coman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
that worked perfect. thanks a lot.

SerialCoder

SerialCoder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Moto Q9c
I was experiencing the same issue with no sound playing on my Moto Q9c (even Quest.wav)
Tried Adding my MP3 to /my documents and it showed it as an option and the alarm went off (displayed) but with no sound.
I added the folder \My Documents\My Music and added the same file to that folder and the app works like a champ.

Just thought others might like to know this.

ihorko

ihorko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

Program works only when it's open, if I press button DONE, it will not alarm me on the morning!??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users