Installing ring tones and alerts

Guest Michael 1999

Guest Michael 1999

I have just chamged over from a c600 to the vario II. I am trying to install all my old ring tones and text/alarm sounds but am not sure where to put them.

On my smartphone, they all went on the storage card and I could then select them but this isn't working on the vario II. I have also put them in the rings sub-folder in the windows folder but that also doesn't work.

Can anyone help? Ideally I would like to have them on the stoage card so as to save space.

I have checked the forums but can't find out how to do this.

Thanks

Michael

Guest Michael 1999
You can place them on your storage card or in the main Windows directory.

Thanks

I have put them on the storage card and can select them for incoming calls but not for any other notification for some reason. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RalphLauren
Always remember:

mp3s for rimgtones, wavs for notifications (texts etc)

HTH

It's always a little difficult to remember when you continuously migrate from PPC phone to Smartphone and than to PPC again.

I was also wondering why PPC always have this limitations with the alert sounds..... :-(

in 2005 I had BlueAngel (PPC)

in 2006 I had (actually still have Qtek 8310, but it will be sold soon)

Now I'm with the HTC P3300(Artemis) and of course I do not remember what was and how I customize my Blue Angel. And after 8310, it's goes so natural that you are expecting even better customization from big-brother PPC...... but no way.

Do we have any third party software to allow at least for SMS alerts to assign the MP3 sound from memory card ???? Thanks for tips and hints.

Guest genaldar

There are programs that let you use mp3s (and wma I'm assuming) for alert tones. But since I don't have a ppc I couldn't suggest one. I only know that after searching for quite a while I couldn't find a free one. Maybe you can change them in the registry like with smartphone, if so a program like rjv tonesetter would be relatively easy to make (for someone with a knack for programming anyway).