• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

wolver1ne

wolver1ne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:SPV C500
Today for some odd reason the rocker on my C500 began acting weird. Whenever I use it, it locks in most cases the rest of the keys and starts running up through the menus all by itself. The only way to return back, is to remove the battery. Shutting down it by holding the power button doesn't work.

I assume it's a hardware glitch. Maybe excess of dust.. who knows. Although Seeing it only "locks up" only when I use the rocker, it might as well be software related. Though I wouldn't know for what reason it could be soft related, since I haven't installed or done anything to the phone whatsoever.

I've had the phone for almost 2 years now, so I assume the warranty isn't valid any more so Orange won't replace it. Besides, my contract is almost over and I am getting a new phone.. but still, would be a shame to have such a good phone in a dysfunctional state.

If anyone experienced something like similar, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

(CFH)

(CFH)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:i-mate SP3
Hi, did you find a solution for this? I have exactly the same problem with an i-mate SP3, only that the rocker keeps locked downwards in my case.

Toyota-F1.com

Toyota-F1.com

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
Personally, if it was me, I would try a hard reset on the phone, just in case the problem was software-related.

www.Toyota-F1.com
The more storage space you have, the more junk you store
The new name for the Orange SPV E200 - Orange SPV3. For the Orange SPV C500 - the SPV4

(CFH)

(CFH)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:i-mate SP3
Thanx for the reply, toyota-f1. I did a hard reset right now to avoid that possibility and the problem persists so, as it was expected, it's hardware related.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users