Free & Secure Push Email by Emoze

Guest emozeoren

Guest emozeoren

Hi All,

I wanted to introduce myself to this forum. My name is Oren from Emoze.com

We offer the worlds 1st Free & Secure push email & PIM solution for your mobile devices, Pocket PC's, Smartphones & POP3

Emoze superior security standard incorporates AES-128 encryption, authentication and symmetrical keys. These security standards insure end-to-end security for all data.

At no stage data is transferred unencrypted over the network!

Please do take a moment to download, test and review our service for yourself.

Your comments will be greatly appriciated. Download Here

post-217776-1166457128_thumb.jpg

Edited by emozeoren

Guest emozeoren
Looks quite cool, downer is you have to keep your desktop PC on all the time for it to work
Pushing Emails through your PC ensures that your emails are 100%.

At no stage data is transferred unencrypted over the network. I wouldn't want my emails flowing through a middle man, would you?

Will definitely try it but as it is free and the infrastructure must cost a lot: how long will it be free? Does it contain spyware?

We're going to keep emoze freeware for the end-user channel. It contains no spyware or ads what so ever. Download Here

I'd like to point out emoze will have a booth "an amazing one to say the least" at the 3GSM conference in Barcelona. I'll be updating this forum and others with pictures and news from the event.

Edited by emozeoren

Guest mwright
Pushing Emails through your PC ensures that your emails are 100%.

At no stage data is transferred unencrypted over the network. I wouldn't want my emails flowing through a middle man, would you?

The thing is, that all my PC does is collect emails from my own email server upstairs. What I would REALLY like is that ability to push emails from my email server (linux pop/imap server) to my phone by either subcribing to a service or having the push "server" run on my linux server.

Now I have tried alwaysonmail from seven recently - but it has proved less than reliable and they (at least over the last month or so) seem unresponsive to their software support system.

Guest schriss

For me emoze is perfect, because my notebook is always on, at home, Outlook is collecting emails from ~6 email accounts every few minutes.

Until now, I used two options: keep Outlook running and VNC to my notebook from time to time OR quit Outlook begore I go out and connect to my email accounts with ProfiMail.

Just been trying to set this up and test it.

I have a HTC Hermes - there was no option for the PPC download for this, so I chose HTC Tytn from the my device question.

When it starts up on my PPC - I get 'Initialization Error' (Error 11).

I installed it on card first - then tried on internal memory. Still getting the same error. Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks.

Guest schriss
Just been trying to set this up and test it.

I have a HTC Hermes - there was no option for the PPC download for this, so I chose HTC Tytn from the my device question.

When it starts up on my PPC - I get 'Initialization Error' (Error 11).

I installed it on card first - then tried on internal memory. Still getting the same error. Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks.

Installed fine on my HTC TyTN, using it right now.

I used this on my old HTC Wizard quite a bit, and it was fantastic, but I got sick of leaving my PC on all the time, so I turned to mail2web.com's puch mail solution.

Yes, security is important, but at the end of the day, all of your email is going all over the web unencrypted anyway, so the last step from your inbox to get to your device is probably fairly inconsequential.

If you're really concerned with security, then the only real way is to have a connection setup to use a VPN to your mail server, instead of on the open internet anyway.

All that said though, it's a great solution that lets you use your own email address, as opposed to a mail2web address, or whatever forwarded to mail2web, with replies coming from mail2web.

Just depends how green you want to be leaving the extra PC running :)

Guest schriss
I used this on my old HTC Wizard quite a bit, and it was fantastic, but I got sick of leaving my PC on all the time, so I turned to mail2web.com's puch mail solution.

Yes, security is important, but at the end of the day, all of your email is going all over the web unencrypted anyway, so the last step from your inbox to get to your device is probably fairly inconsequential.

If you're really concerned with security, then the only real way is to have a connection setup to use a VPN to your mail server, instead of on the open internet anyway.

All that said though, it's a great solution that lets you use your own email address, as opposed to a mail2web address, or whatever forwarded to mail2web, with replies coming from mail2web.

Just depends how green you want to be leaving the extra PC running :)

Green? I'm running web server on mine, so it's up 24h/day :-) In that case emoze is nice solution.

Did you do any specific configuration changes? Or was it all pretty much default?

It all looks like it should by working - as I get 'Connected' on the PPC when in the Emoze app.

Also, the last sync is the current day/time.

However, nothing in my inbox, calendar, tasks, etc...

Regarding security, emoze could probably use encryption between server and client app running on pda.

It does.

But that's what I mean, before it got to your desktop, it was unencrypted, so is that last bit from your desktop to your PDA worth worrying about that much?

Guest schriss

One problem: subfolders do not seem to sync, I see new mail in Outlook, but not on device. Emoze settings show Inbox and all subfolders checked.

One question: I'd like to sync Junk Folder too, any chances for that? (I don't want to disable Junk, setup additional rules, I just would like to sync that folder)

Guest emozeoren
One problem: subfolders do not seem to sync, I see new mail in Outlook, but not on device. Emoze settings show Inbox and all subfolders checked.

One question: I'd like to sync Junk Folder too, any chances for that? (I don't want to disable Junk, setup additional rules, I just would like to sync that folder)

0ne Question. One Problem.. OK. Here comes 1 answer. :)

What device are you using as there are currently no known issues with subfolders not synching.

Can you tell me specifically what device you have? Concerning a junk folder, As long as this folder is checked, these emails will be pushed to you as well.

Guest schriss
0ne Question. One Problem.. OK. Here comes 1 answer. :)

What device are you using as there are currently no known issues with subfolders not synching.

Can you tell me specifically what device you have? Concerning a junk folder, As long as this folder is checked, these emails will be pushed to you as well.

My device is HTC TyTN, subfolders are checked but not syncing. Inbox is syncing and works nice.

Regarding Junk - it's not on the list, so I can't even check it.

My Outlook version is 2007 if that matters.

Guest schriss

I have just noticed that after I uninstalled emoze (still waiting for that MicroSD card...) and then installed it again, it did sync my subfolders. But then it stopped syncing them. Today I tried syncing over internet: WiFi, GPRS, UMTS and also over ActiveSync (connected via bluetooth) - subfolders didn't sync.

I'm looking at my Outlook right now, there are new unread messages in subfolders. Emoze is set to sync emails from one full week.

not faulting emoze as I used if for a few days and liked it, but hated having to leave my PC on all the time, anyway there are other solutions out there some free I may add, so there is no harm in looking around if emoze is not to your expectations.

Jim

Guest Marzbar
anyway there are other solutions out there some free I may add, so there is no harm in looking around if emoze is not to your expectations.

Tease!

Come on, tell us the others. I tried funambol but got bored with trying to set it up before I could see if it worked or not.

Anyone tried this with Lotus Notes?

I'm using Notes 7.0.2 under XP SP2 at the server end.

T-mobile MDA Vario II at the client end.

Emoze 1.30 r24.

Both ends 'see' each other and I get various messages in the logs (mainly lots of 'L21.1' what ever they are). It does transfer some data (not much) both up and down according to the Log screen on the client, but nothing actually syncs.

Anyone had any more luck?

Lee

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tomas Kocanda

Hi Oren,

I would like to ask, if Emoze support Outlook profiles. I´m trying setup new testing connection and it looks like there is no choice to select different Outlook profiles. It´s important...

PC: XP SP2, Outlook 2003 latest updates

device: BlackJack

Thanks

Tomas

Guest Tomas Kocanda

Seems like your "blackberry killer" service collapesed tonight.

We were trying it for about hour. Then it stopped and reported "username or password was incorrect" on the PC and after short while stopped and disconnected also utility in the phone.

So, we tried to setup four different account - using different networks (to avoid influence of providers) - result is zero. Create new account OK, try to login - error. In the log is always "authentification request was sent..." Parse response () failed, error -12.

Request to get password (to be sure) by e-mail seems to be working, but - nothing will come by e-mail.

I think difference between Blackberry and emoze is clear - stability and support..

It´s free, so is hard to complain, but in this case seems to be better option mail2web then something, what is not reliable.

:)

• 2 weeks later...
I'm using Notes 7.0.2 under XP SP2 at the server end.

T-mobile MDA Vario II at the client end.

Emoze 1.30 r24.

Both ends 'see' each other and I get various messages in the logs (mainly lots of 'L21.1' what ever they are). It does transfer some data (not much) both up and down according to the Log screen on the client, but nothing actually syncs.

I noticed today that there is a new version released earlier this week 1.30 r34 and guess what...

...this one fixes the problem I was having with Lotus Notes. Hooray !!! :)

Still a few pauses now and then, when it takes a while to sync the mail, but on the whole quite nice. Hopefully the Domino server version won't be too far behind (Oren - care to comment?)

Lee

Guest MikeSel

I notice the new version supports OWA? Or does it? It seems to be disabled on my set up.

I have been using it for ages now, and have no faults with it. Apart from my Vista box Running Office 2007!

Where it seems to drop the connection every 15 seconds!

Looking forward to a version supporting Vista!

Keep up the good work :)