C550 Virgin MMS settings

Guest warb

Hi guys,

Have purchased a 550 from a friend and unlocked it to use my virgin PAYG sim. Everything works ok apart from MMS messages. I'm unable to send or recieve them at all.

I have found a thread for the Virgin settings and have applied these to a certain point but I am unable to apply these settings within the actual mms settings itself.

The issue relates to only having an IMAP4 option within the account setup section for MMS. The settings in the thread linked below specifically show a 'Media Messages' option but I don't have this on my phone.

Can anyone help at all? I'm not sure if this is maybe a software update or hack i need to apply to enable this option or whether it relates to the phone previously being on Orange.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Warb.

PS - I have checked a friends C600 (currently on Orange) and he does have this option.

Link to thread - SPV C550 on Virgin

• 2 weeks later...
Guest carmel
Hi guys,

Have purchased a 550 from a friend and unlocked it to use my virgin PAYG sim. Everything works ok apart from MMS messages. I'm unable to send or recieve them at all.

I have found a thread for the Virgin settings and have applied these to a certain point but I am unable to apply these settings within the actual mms settings itself.

The issue relates to only having an IMAP4 option within the account setup section for MMS. The settings in the thread linked below specifically show a 'Media Messages' option but I don't have this on my phone.

Can anyone help at all? I'm not sure if this is maybe a software update or hack i need to apply to enable this option or whether it relates to the phone previously being on Orange.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Warb.

PS - I have checked a friends C600 (currently on Orange) and he does have this option.

Link to thread - SPV C550 on Virgin

I dont have a media messages menu option either in account set up. This is where I put settings and I have mms working on a c550 on virgin

start, settings, data connections.

for inernet connection i have virgin gprs.

menu. edit connections. gprs connections, virgin mms(select)

then connects to, mms network,

access point........ gotovirginmobile.uk

user name.........user

password.....blank

primary dns......0.0.0.0

secondary dns.....0.0.0.0

ip adress......blank

Edited by carmel