UPDATE: Leakage: HTC's 2007 Roadmap

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

Guest nedge2k

[teaser]

htc_new_logo.jpg

Don't you love the internet? Just when information on new devices was getting a bit thin on the ground, along comes HTC's roadmap for 2007 courtesy of Russian site HPC.ru :)

So, what can we expect in 2007? Well...

Smartphones ('S' - Series):

HTC Wings
  • Similar to the
    HTC Vox

• Keypad and slide-out QWERTY keyboard

• 3G

• GPS

htc_wings_small.jpg
HTC Erato

htc_unknown_clam_small.jpg

Pocket PC ('P' - Series):

[*]
    Budget device

[*]
    200Mhz CPU

[*]
    Touchpad for one-handed use

High-end Pocket PC ('X' - Series):

HTC Kaiser
  • Similar to the
    HTC Hermes

• Slide-out QWERTY keyboard

• 3G

• GPS

• WiFi

htc_kaiser_small.jpg
HTC Elf
htc_elf_small.jpg

[/teaser]More info about these and other devices HERE.

UPDATE: The successor to the Star Trek with be the Erato - supposedly.

HTC Athena (X7500)

[*]
Clip-on QWERTY keyboard

[*]
3G/HSDPA

[*]
GPS

[*]
WiFi

[*]
8GB HDD

[*]
ATi graphics

[*]
5" Screen

[*]
624Mhz CPU

htc_athena_thumb.jpg

Yawn :D

Whats happening with HTC?

The used to be industry-first, top of the line bla. bla. bla..

But in 2k7 they will definately loose me as a customer. I´ve been waiting years for the next Typhoon and even though we probably haven´s seen all HTC products for 2k7, they will again only launch QWERTY-keyboard enabled brick-size phones.

And to all of you that sees HTC Tornado and HTC Meteor as a descendant to the Typhoon - it´s a no, ´cause they we´re both bigger and not on the leading edge when launched. In my opinion HTC needs to step-up - build a product for us geeks again.

(Please HTC - if you read this (which You probably do) please get your a.. together.)

Sorry for the temper - I just think its a pitty to look at HTC development.

I will now sit down in the corner and consume a bottle of champagne :)

Happy new year to all of you :D

/Jakob

Guest Leaskovski
Yawn :)

Whats happening with HTC?

The used to be industry-first, top of the line bla. bla. bla..

But in 2k7 they will definately loose me as a customer. I´ve been waiting years for the next Typhoon and even though we probably haven´s seen all HTC products for 2k7, they will again only launch QWERTY-keyboard enabled brick-size phones.

I wouldnt say they are brick sized. My old typhoon is only slightly smaller than my wizard.

Edited by Leaskovski

I would say they were brick sized. My old typhoon is only slightly smaller than my wizard.

Well - the Wizard is 108x58x24mm ~ 150ccm and the Typhoon is 107.54x46.2x17.5 mm ~ 87ccm, which means that the Wizard is almost twice as big as the Typhoon.

/Jakob

Guest genaldar
Well - the Wizard is 108x58x24mm ~ 150ccm and the Typhoon is 107.54x46.2x17.5 mm ~ 87ccm, which means that the Wizard is almost twice as big as the Typhoon.

/Jakob

Wow you must have dinky hands if 12mm of width and 6.5mm of thickness are a deal breaker.

Guest Webreaper

TBH, the slide-out keyboard (as per my current Wizard/XDA Mini S) is essential for me, couldn't live without it. The fact that there will more than likely be a GPS and 3G-enabled 'Wizard' is exactly what I'm looking for when I upgrade in April. My only gripe will be if the CPU speed hasn't been improved.

Guest tmorel

I'm another one that wanted a candy bar shaped "regular" looking phone.

I guess I'll stick with my Universal and get an SP5m to replace my aging C500

I'm another one that wanted a candy bar shaped "regular" looking phone.

I guess I'll stick with my Universal and get an SP5m to replace my aging C500

I'd wait and see if the o2 graphite is released by anyone else (imate for eg) Its a worthy successor to the SP5/ SP5m although not made by HTC

More info here

hth

gr

The HTC Wings looks amazing, but I'm another one who wants a small 'candy bar' style phone with 1-0 keypad.

I'm interesting in the Graphite, but HTC have my loyality for a little bit longer before I switch... I just hope they come up with somthing good!

Guest magic_peanuts

I for one am delighted to see what may become the SPV M3200 in the form of the HTC Kaiser.

One query - I hope to God the Kaiser includes HSDPA, no way am I going back to regular 3G

One gripe - I'm willing to bet the camera is 2MP again, but why why why??!!! 3MP with autofocus needs to be an absolute minimum and to be strong in 2007 I fear 5MP+ will be required. Come on HTC, wake up!!!!

Wow you must have dinky hands if 12mm of width and 6.5mm of thickness are a deal breaker.

My gloves are size 11 so no - haven´t got dinky hands..

I just don´t need a spacewasting keyboard - I´ve got plenty of keyboard at my laptop.

/Jakob

Guest Dr Who

Having had a Hermes I LOVE the pull out keyboard and use it pull-out style almost all the time. So my next move would be to a smartphone with a pull out, since I don't use the stylus much at all, or a PPC with a VGA screen.

So maybe a Wings (no wifi? don't use it much with unlimited 3G anyway and don't travel enough to need it) or Kaiser if it packs a VGA.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.