• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

unorthodox

unorthodox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:O2 XDA Orbit
Hi, has anyone else had this problem since performing a hard reset on their device?

I have an O2 Orbit which due to SKTools messing up my phone (It was constantly soft rebooting every time it loaded up the 'Today' screen :) ), I have had to do a hard reset. But since then, QuickGPS keeps showing the GPS data as 'Expired' even though i've updated it (i've tried the download update data more than 20 times!!! :D ). I've had to turn the 'notify when expired' setting off as it was driving me mad with the constant notifications!

MGTF

MGTF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:XDA Orbit
Hi

I have been getting the expired warning since yesterday. the down load time gets updated but the valid time shows EXPIRED i too have disabled the notify...

I have perfomed a hard reset but that was over a week ago and it worked with no problems auto updating when ever i connected to my WIFI network..

to be honest the satelite lock time seems little affected....

Hi, has anyone else had this problem since performing a hard reset on their device?

I have an O2 Orbit which due to SKTools messing up my phone (It was constantly soft rebooting every time it loaded up the 'Today' screen :) ), I have had to do a hard reset. But since then, QuickGPS keeps showing the GPS data as 'Expired' even though i've updated it (i've tried the download update data more than 20 times!!! :D ). I've had to turn the 'notify when expired' setting off as it was driving me mad with the constant notifications!

unorthodox

unorthodox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

to be honest the satelite lock time seems little affected....

True, in fact, i've noticed that TomTom seems to get a fix much quicker since QuickGPS had the expired data problem. It now takes seconds as opposed to 1-10 minutes. I seem to be able to get a fix even when i'm indoors, which i've never been able to do before :) I suspect the improved performance may be more related to the hard reset....

MGTF

MGTF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
hi

i set the date of my Orbit to 7th december and it updates OK :D

revert to correct date and it shows expired :)

still performance for sat fix is OK with the expired prolem so its not a great issue

True, in fact, i've noticed that TomTom seems to get a fix much quicker since QuickGPS had the expired data problem. It now takes seconds as opposed to 1-10 minutes. I seem to be able to get a fix even when i'm indoors, which i've never been able to do before :D I suspect the improved performance may be more related to the hard reset....

unorthodox

unorthodox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Just checked QuickGPS today and it was not showing the data as expired anymore. Did another update and it's showing the data as valid for 3 days. Seems like the application had an issue with the year change and was having problems during the last 3 days of 2006, but sorted itself out after 2007 kicked in.

Happy New Year everyone!!!

MGTF

MGTF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Yep

same here working OK today :)

RMJ

RMJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Mine still warns me it has expired everytime I connect it to my PC, anyone else still having problems?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users