M3100

Guest The Grim Reaper

Guest The Grim Reaper

Ordered my new m3100 on Dec 18th from One stop phone shop (PART OF CARPHONE WHEREHOUSE)

Phone turned up on doorstep around 21st Dec and put on charge for 24 hrs untouched.

22nd Dec made a text to test out the keyboard (no probs)

Rest of the day was spent finding my way around it.

26rd dec keyboard light stopped working when sliding open and also noticed when making calls the earpiece was vibrating and calls was fading in and out.

Seems the orange signal also isn't very good in my area, Vodafone is full signal strength all the time.

I called orange on the 27th i think it was and told them about the keyboard and they have in fact diagnosed it as faulty and as a result given me a fault code.

I contacted one stop phone shop on the 28th i think it was as they was closed due to the Christmas period and also i think i was at the time according to what it said on there paperwork outside of the seven day return policy to cancel my contract.

So i just told them about the call to orange and supplied them with the code (WHY DID I NOT TELL THEM )

They have said a complete replacement package will be sent as soon as they have them in stock.

Today the 4 Jan 2007 still haven’t got any stock.

I wish now i had stayed with Vodafone now.

Kev.

What do you guys think??

Do ya think i could get this contract terminated??

Guest The Grim Reaper
If they are offering to replace the device, then probably not.

Thanks for quick response.

Do you think it's poss the phone is causing bad signal strengh then due to being faulty and not Oranges fault

It only shows one bar nearly all the time

Just paid a months bill in advance already and still not got any decent use from it :)

Didnt fancy bad signal either for the duration of 18 mths

I see you are a m3100 owner m8 as well, does your earpiece sound bad

Guest richard_d
Thanks for quick response.

Do you think it's poss the phone is causing bad signal strengh then due to being faulty and not Oranges fault

It only shows one bar nearly all the time

Just paid a months bill in advance already and still not got any decent use from it :)

Didnt fancy bad signal either for the duration of 18 mths

I see you are a m3100 owner m8 as well, does your earpiece sound bad

Might be worth borrowing another phone and trying the simcard in that. I can't get an Orange signal in my house without half hanging out of a window on any phone, but local circumstances vary (and their coverage guides are a little over optomistic in my experience).

Guest The Grim Reaper
Might be worth borrowing another phone and trying the simcard in that. I can't get an Orange signal in my house without half hanging out of a window on any phone, but local circumstances vary (and their coverage guides are a little over optomistic in my experience).

Did a test as you said m8, still the same sig on other phones but fine when outside (strange) suppose ill have to make all calls outside for 18 months :)

Still not heard anything regarding a replacement though :D

Either they are struggling to get hold of them or they are selling like hot cakes.

I have heard there has been some pple checking some number on the handset someware telling them when it was made and model number to determin a faulty bach or something like that

Can anybody enlighten me on this please

Thanks

kev.