• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Ross11988

Ross11988

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:MPX220
So i am trying to upgrade my MPX220 to the 1.49 rom, i follow all the directions, however when i take out he battery and plug in the USB windows will not detect the phone, it says its a unknown device and because of that the upgrade will not work, i tryed the smartfon.inf but it will not install. I am running Windows Vista, if that has anything to do with, i have the latest MPX220 drivers installed. Any help would be great. Thanks

genaldar

genaldar

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Wing, Cingular 3125
  • Twitter:@genaldar

So i am trying to upgrade my MPX220 to the 1.49 rom, i follow all the directions, however when i take out he battery and plug in the USB windows will not detect the phone, it says its a unknown device and because of that the upgrade will not work, i tryed the smartfon.inf but it will not install. I am running Windows Vista, if that has anything to do with, i have the latest MPX220 drivers installed. Any help would be great. Thanks

Vista is the problem. The offline update wizard hasn't been updated in a long time so I won't work with vista (it also doesn't work for xp 64bit, which is why I'm glad I had a regular old xp machine to use).

"Oh, you're a loon aren't you? Where have you escaped from, I'll take you back." Lord Bravery
Sceptical Rocket.

Ross11988

Ross11988

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I can use my brothers machine, but it wont install the smartfon.inf file, he has windows xp running, isnt there another drive that I can use? For Windows XP?

genaldar

genaldar

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

I can use my brothers machine, but it wont install the smartfon.inf file, he has windows xp running, isnt there another drive that I can use? For Windows XP?

Not that I'm aware of. I would suggest you find a how-to and follow it to the letter. When i first tried upgrading my rom I had problems to (the computer I used didn't have activesync installed so it wasn't working, took me forever to realize I'm an idiot :)).

"Oh, you're a loon aren't you? Where have you escaped from, I'll take you back." Lord Bravery
Sceptical Rocket.

ping79

ping79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
where did you get the 1.49 rom? I would love to have that too.

genaldar

genaldar

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
Please read the site rules only official links to ROMs are permitted.

Sceptical Rocket.

Travyboy18

Travyboy18

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Please read the site rules only official links to ROMs are permitted.

I REALLY NEED THAT UPDATE TOO. Motorola told me that they aren't ever going to offer it again. I am running 1.03 and I need to upgrade really bad.

genaldar

genaldar

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
I'm sorry I can't post a link to it (I did but it was removed per the forum rules). Sorry (to the mods as well, I forgot about that rule). You might want to search the smartphone forum over at howardforums.com.

Sceptical Rocket.

duhfonz

duhfonz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Mpx220
Hey, can someone PM me the place where I can find the Generic 1.49 ROM? I really need it, but I can't find it anywhere! thanks.

genaldar

genaldar

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
You might want to search the smartphone forum over at howardforums.com.

Sceptical Rocket.

geoffrey118

geoffrey118

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
hehe that sounded like the same reply, genaldar!! :rolleyes:
I got warned for posting such contents too :P

genaldar

genaldar

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

hehe that sounded like the same reply, genaldar!! :rolleyes:
I got warned for posting such contents too :D

Caught that did ya? :P

Sceptical Rocket.

Guitar1969

Guitar1969

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

You might want to search the smartphone forum over at howardforums.com.

I got it but it still doesn't work - How about posting the last official one for all of us, since Motorola abandoned this phone and you can't find it on their site. I believe 1.46 was the last official one

bigboywinston

bigboywinston

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
check this out: http://www.uludagsoz...k/smartfon-inf/

I have tried usual update wizard in vista with this driver and it worked...

Edited by bigboywinston, 19 February 2008 - 03:10 AM.

codexis

codexis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:mpx200
for me not wokring, i just copied-pasted it to new file and still the same problem.why ishapening with windows vista. doesn't have other driver updated SMARTFON.INF just for vista? i need to flash a mpx200 rom wm6.1. :D

audrumma

audrumma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Motorola mpx220
  • Twitter:@none
Can any of you guys help me out? I just got a mpx220 (Its cheap and I really like it), and I downloaded the mpx220 exe file. I ran it and I kept get an error that said i wasn't logged onto the internet. I clearly was logged on to both the internet and ethernet, so I couldn't understand why the process kept stopping at the step where it verifies your internet connection.

I have ActiveSync 4.5 on a Sony Viao (sp?). The Viao has Windows XP which is working fine. It also won't work if I use the new sync software on my brother's Windows Vista Notebook. It then tells me that I'm not connected to ActiveSync. Can any of you help me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users