27 replies to this topic

rickyburke

rickyburke

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario III
I'd be mightily impressed with full screen - full sound support in terminal services and html support in emails.

pride

pride

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:SPV M5000 (Crossbow ROM)
Am getting bored.

Am now 3 months out of contract & have phoned Orange asking if any upgrade to the M5000 is available - all the phones I was offered are more of a downgrade than an upgrade - even the Nokia N95.

Does anyone know of anything on the horizon that is an upgrade for the M5000 or am I looking at jumping ship to another operator (such as T-mobile or O2) to get a new phone??

Monolithix

Monolithix

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,783 posts
Depends what you want instead. Bar the screen the M3100 is a superior device. The Ameo is the closest in terms of size (but its massive!). There are a few devices rumoured but nothing specifically to replace the M5000 on any network!

I still exist

pride

pride

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:SPV M5000 (Crossbow ROM)

Depends what you want instead. Bar the screen the M3100 is a superior device. The Ameo is the closest in terms of size (but its massive!). There are a few devices rumoured but nothing specifically to replace the M5000 on any network!

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the ameo looks massive & doesn't seem to be a usable mobile phone/pda (I consider the Universal to be at the upper end of compromising size increases with increased functionality).

I think I will wait to see if WM6 brings anything out of the woodwork & stick with the Universal in the meantime.

Mr.Clark

Mr.Clark

Ninja

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4, Nexus 7 2013

Depends what you want instead. Bar the screen the M3100 is a superior device.

That's the problem though, isn't it?

I don't think I'll be able to downgrade to a smaller (touch) screen after the XDA Exec... I'm road-testing an M3100 for one of my users, and to be honest, I'm not overly impressed with it. The keyboard is just too small, as is the screen. And the pointy stick that comes with it is rubbish.

To be perfectly honest, heresy though it probably is, I'm waiting for the iPhone to reach the UK, see if that's any good...

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 5
  • Twitter:@Confuciousmobil
The screen on the Ameo is fantastic and the device itself is very impresive - I love it.

But I still prefer the keyboard on the Universal...

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Mr.Clark

Mr.Clark

Ninja

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4, Nexus 7 2013
It's just a shame it's the size of a small clipboard...

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 5
  • Twitter:@Confuciousmobil
It's not as big as I thought it would be and the screen and HD and speed make up for it - at least for me!

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users