hard reset impossible

Guest crazzel

Guest crazzel

i want to hardreset my mpx200, but it just ignores, that i hold the blue button down while starting,

help would be apprecited.

thnks in advance

/edit

ok: the problem: loading it while trying. too bad my battery is borked

Edited by crazzel

Guest Disco Stu

Yeah, you need your battery to be fully charged before doing the hard reset.

Did you get it done ? It is tricky with the MPx200 to get the timing right !

Guest awarner (MVP)

The other reason for having a full battery is that the phones looks at the state of the battery and at time of the hard reset decides it's charged status which can then lead to a reduced battery performance.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Motorola veteran user
The other reason for having a full battery is that the phones looks at the state of the battery and at time of the hard reset decides it's charged status which can then lead to a reduced battery performance.

Awarner, I do not quite understand this, seen it mentined here several times on the forum.

My Li-ion powered devices like Iriver or phones are hardware charged by a dedicated chip. They are also charged when turned off, so then cannot "remember" or control anything, processor off, RAM off and that is why there is a special chip.

How does then MPX200 charge battery when off?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest awarner (MVP)

It's to do with the OS and how it looks at the battery charge state as it calculates how much usable power is left in the battery before it needs to shut down to avoid data loss. It's been proven that if you have a fully charged battery when you do a hard reset the usable life of the phone is increased in-between charges. This "feature" of the OS and was first discovered when people were having battery issues on the first 2003 OS devices.