New Visiontac and QStarz GPS' in for testing + WIN!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

This just in from the 'Ooh look they're so shiny' dept...

post-1-1168270724_thumb.jpg

Following on from my recent review of the impressive QStarz BT-Q810 GPS, I now have the latest and greatest QStarz BT-Q818 and Visiontac VGPS-700 GPS' here!

The Visiontac is a SiRF III device weighing only 33g, despite a claimed 17-20 hour life from the 850mAh battery. At 53.5mm x 32mm x 13.9mm, it's not going to bulge in your pocket either (fnar fnar). Full specs and more pics can be found here.

The QStarz takes a different approach with a larger 72.2mm x 46.5mm x 20mm frame, but with a 1100mAh battery enabling a complained 32 hour battery life. This is coupled with the previously unknown MTK GPS chipset which is proving an able competitor to the more established SiRF units. The chipset can track 32 satellites simultaneously, earning the device it's 32/32 moniker. Full specs and more pics can be found here.

Watch for full reviews of both online soon... but in the meantime, we also have a Visiontac VGPS-700 to give away!

To be in with a chance of winning (or two chances of winning if you are a MoDaCo Plus member), simply PM me (by clicking here) the answer to the following question:

Approximately how high (in miles) do the satellites in the GPS constellation orbit above the earth?

Easy really :) Entries must be received by 15:39 GMT on Monday 15th January 2007... that gives you one week from posting to find the answer :D

P

Guest PayableOnDeath
So kilometers converted to standard miles is no good? Crap...

isnt standard miles the same as Nautical miles, or is the difference bettween the 2 that i didnt know about?

:D :)

Guest jcostantino

1 nautical mile is 1.15 regular miles.

isnt standard miles the same as Nautical miles, or is the difference bettween the 2 that i didnt know about?

:D :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.