Customise MTeoR Button Functions?

Guest ianbennett

Guest ianbennett

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere - I did search but couldn't find anything.

I am looking for a way of customising the functions of the 4 buttons on the MTeoR, ie:

• The two in the centre below the screen (default functions: Outlook Email and Internet Explorer)
  • The two on the right side (default functions: Voice Recognise/Notes and Camera)

I am quite happy to edit the registry, but I just can't find the keys that determine these functions! Anybody know?

Thanks,

Ian

• 2 weeks later...
Guest smfa1965
XML files in \windows folder determine the linking of hardware buttons.

Good luck

I've gone through all the files in the \Windows directory (meaning I opened each *.xml as well) and I don't see anyway to change the IE/Mail button to something else. I also went through the registry last night and while I came close to finding a way it wasn't it. Has anyone one discovered the hack to change these two buttons?

• 2 months later...
Guest Svedis
I've gone through all the files in the \Windows directory (meaning I opened each *.xml as well) and I don't see anyway to change the IE/Mail button to something else. I also went through the registry last night and while I came close to finding a way it wasn't it. Has anyone one discovered the hack to change these two buttons?

The "trigger shortcuts" ID for the IE-Button is "Short_POC.ink" and "Long_POC.lnk" and should be put in the \Windows dir

(Long* for Looong key press, and Short* for Short key press)

They are not there by default, but you may add them yourself.

(There is also "SHORT_CAMERA.lnk" for the camera button...and "long" i guess)

In the shortcut, you just add the path for the app that you like.

Forinstance... "tmail.exe -service "ActiveSync"" (without the last "")

(Used this example to flag that "inbox" is called "ActiveSync" ...at least in AKU 3.3.1)

Thats SOME of them...been Googling myself for a week now in this matter regarding the "Message button"

Please anyone....HELP....I REALLY NEED TO MODIFY THIS BUTTON !

Guest kongocui
The "trigger shortcuts" ID for the IE-Button is "Short_POC.ink" and "Long_POC.lnk" and should be put in the \Windows dir

(Long* for Looong key press, and Short* for Short key press)

They are not there by default, but you may add them yourself.

(There is also "SHORT_CAMERA.lnk" for the camera button...and "long" i guess)

In the shortcut, you just add the path for the app that you like.

Forinstance... "tmail.exe -service "ActiveSync"" (without the last "")

(Used this example to flag that "inbox" is called "ActiveSync" ...at least in AKU 3.3.1)

Thats SOME of them...been Googling myself for a week now in this matter regarding the "Message button"

Please anyone....HELP....I REALLY NEED TO MODIFY THIS BUTTON !

Long_VT

Guest Svedis
Long_VT

Cheers kongocui ....found that one aswell after a while, but how about "Short_VT" or another shortcut name to put behind the button.

After dismantling the AKU 3 ROM and putting KEYBDDR.DLL under the microscope there is no traces of any Short_VT.

There seems to be hidden ROM-Static "Tmail.lnk" in the Windows folder though, which is that I assume the button is using rather than "Short_VT" .

Can somebody tell me how to modify this static .lnk using a .cab file (to use OTA)

That would save me quite a bit of hassle....

Looking forward to anybodys reply,

Guest Steve1712

Hi, how can i change the other buttons ???

like action (d-pad middle)

or green and red phone buttons ???

steve