"Message Sent" Notification Sound

• 2 months later...
Guest Tony_Toca

This actually resolved my issue...give this a try:

HOW TO DISABLE THE “DING” NOTIFICATION SOUND FOR SENT SMS

1. Install a registry editor like Resco File Explorer’s add-on registry editor or PHM registry editor.

2. Open HKEY_CURRENT_USER

3. Tap control panel>notifications

4. Tap default

5. Tap options

6. Choose what value will be applicable to you and replace the default number with it (for XDA Atom, the number was 13, I replaced it with 8 to suit my preference):

0 – show icon

1 – show icon and play notification sound

2 – show icon and vibration

3 – show icon and vibration and play notification sound

4 – same as 0

5 – same as 1

6 – same as 3

7 – same as 3

8 – show icon and notification bubble

9 – show icon and play notification sound and show notification bubble

10 – show icon and notification bubble and vibration

7. If you want to configure how long the notification bubble will stay on the screen, tap on duration instead of options. Change the number there into the number of seconds you want the notification bubble to stay up.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest arogntbastrd

just posting to confirm, that cab file works wonderfully. once it's run 'messaging:default' is added to the list in notifications and now you can change that annoying little sound to whatever you want or more importantly, just turn the sound off. i did this on the cingular/att 8525 (hermes something or other)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest djwishbone

Cab worked perfectly, thank you!! Is there any other "default" notification that this will effect other than that horrible "sms sent" one?

• 3 months later...
Guest Potatohead
It's the 'Default' sound setting that controls the Message sent sound. The problem is that it's not available in the sound & notification settings.

I have created a small cab enabling the event 'Messaging: Default' and selecting the sound msgbox from start. You can then change this sound to whatever you like. Note that you must have an English version of WM5....

I have tried it on my Hermes with success.

Just Tried the Cab file on my HTC3300 - works a treat nice one matey ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest digidales

Please can anyone explain to a novice if there is anyway to change the sms ringtone on the M3100?

Also, when I go on youtube it says either javascript is disabled or old version of Flash. Have tried upgrading and got nowhere. Is this an Orange ploy to keep us off Youtube or is there a solution?

Thx

• 2 years later...
Guest UPTOWNCLUB
It's the 'Default' sound setting that controls the Message sent sound. The problem is that it's not available in the sound & notification settings.

I have created a small cab enabling the event 'Messaging: Default' and selecting the sound msgbox from start. You can then change this sound to whatever you like. Note that you must have an English version of WM5....

I have tried it on my Hermes with success.

hasnt worked for me i installed the cab on my m3100 spv and still cant change the sounds aprt from ringtone i cant even find where your cab installed to? sorry if i sound thick but i am thick. i found a sound i wanted to use as a message tone but only gives me option as "set as ringtone" HELP