How to put other T9 into phone?

Guest abramQ

Hello!

I am tring to put Polish T9 dictionary into my Oxygen like described in http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=287517 and I am close to succes;-)

Unfortunately the mentioned method works in my phone ONLY when I (for example) change the name of file or folder in my smartphone.

It doesn't work in SMS messages - I just can hear a 'beep' and there is no letters written, cursor stays at beginning with no move...

Could you tell me what I do wrong?

Maybe I need any other file? Something like a 'keyboard driver'? Well, I am completely lost;-)

Best greetings,

Robert A.

p.s. I had to change file attribute (deleting 'System' attribute) of the file T9PolishLdb.dll to be able to download it into my smartphone. Is it correct? (I can't download file with 'system' attribute into phone).

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nehvada

i have the same problem and im lookking desperately for a german T9 version to whrite text messages.

if anyone can help with that it will greatly be appreciated!!!!

Guest nehvada
i have the same problem and im lookking desperately for a german T9 version to whrite text messages.

if anyone can help with that it will greatly be appreciated!!!!

some bad news: i found out that i have all needed lanuage files dll and value datas in my phone. everything works fine except writing text messages :D

please, if anyone has a hint let us know, thanx

edit: forget it, im just plain stupid :D you just need to hold the t9 button for longer than one second (its not mentioned in the manual!). it appears a menu where you can choose the language for t9 whriting :)

Edited by nehvada

• 1 year later...