Photo

Is MDA Compact III slower than it should be?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

NightFox

NightFox

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Devices:MDA Compact III
Only had my MDAC III for a few days now, so I'm still also using my O2 Xda Mini S (HTC Wizard etc) until my number's ported and whilst I transfer stuff over.

Noticed something though with File explorer - when I browse to /Windows with my Xda, it takes a couple of seconds to display the directory, but when I do the same with my MDAC, it take ages - probably around 30 seconds. Both devices are clean of any o2/t-Mob customisation, and have roughly the same number of files in /windows. I thought these both had the same speed processors, so why the difference? Is the T-Mob ROM duff?

Posted Image

spangelsaregreat

spangelsaregreat

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire

Only had my MDAC III for a few days now, so I'm still also using my O2 Xda Mini S (HTC Wizard etc) until my number's ported and whilst I transfer stuff over.

Noticed something though with File explorer - when I browse to /Windows with my Xda, it takes a couple of seconds to display the directory, but when I do the same with my MDAC, it take ages - probably around 30 seconds. Both devices are clean of any o2/t-Mob customisation, and have roughly the same number of files in /windows. I thought these both had the same speed processors, so why the difference? Is the T-Mob ROM duff?

Hi,

My MDAC3 can also be a bit slow in reading the mail windows directory (due to the large number of files in there) but my JAMin was exactly the same. Overall I would have to say the MDAC3 is faster than the JAMin was.

Regards

James

James

AKA 'jlowap' MoDaCo Old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,544 posts
  • Interests:3D Mech Design, Music, DJing and drinking ;)
  • Devices:Desire HD & iPhone
30 seconds!!! thats ages... that takes we back to the original SPV days!

its only about 3 seconds on my MDA Compact II

James Lovell

Masonary

Masonary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
It takes forever on mine too using the normal file explorere.

Using total commander speeds things up nicely, still not instant though. I just tried it and it was approx 5-6 seconds.

PavelR.

PavelR.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC Artemis

Using total commander speeds things up nicely, still not instant though. I just tried it and it was approx 5-6 seconds.

... yes the same here with Resco File Explorer. It takes some 6-10 seconds to list all files in Windows folder ... Well, it is perfect but still better than the File Explorer thing built-in ROM. Hoever, I believe it is not about the speed of the CPU but has something to do with the way the File Explorer approaches the file system ...

PavelR.

benwiddowson

benwiddowson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

... yes the same here with Resco File Explorer. It takes some 6-10 seconds to list all files in Windows folder ... Well, it is perfect but still better than the File Explorer thing built-in ROM. Hoever, I believe it is not about the speed of the CPU but has something to do with the way the File Explorer approaches the file system ...

PavelR.

My Compact 3 seems quick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users