• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Aidan Bree

Aidan Bree

• MoDaCo Gold
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:M500
At upgrade time last month, Orange promised me that they would provide me with Orange World Unlimited (OWU) a service that they said was comparable with Web n walk for 8 pounds a month for the M3100. Whilst this was 50p more a month than T-Mobile I thought for the hassle factor, I would stick with Orange.

When my first bill arrived post upgrade, I found that the data bundle was not added on and I had been charged for data. On contacting orange they stated that OWU was an 'old' bundle and that the only comparable tariff was 75 quid a month!

Needless to say, the handset is going back and orange are getting ditched. Letter of complaint gone in!

I now need another phone and I am looking at the same handset (Vario II) on T-Mobile with Web N Walk. The best deal I can find is direct with T-Mobile on the Flext35 tarrif which is currently 30 + 7.50 a month with 70 up front for the handset.

I am wondering, as the current deal is only available till the end of January, am I likely to see this tarrif / price for handset become better value by holding off til 1st Feb......

Anyone got any insider knowledge? Speculation etc......

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Aidan

xrfil

xrfil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:mda vario
first off,

The best deal I can find is direct with T-Mobile on the Flext35 tarrif which is currently 30 + 7.50 a month with 70 up front for the handset.

if you go w&w first then to the flex-t 35 tarrif, the phone can be had for £40

im in the very same boat as you, but i couldnt take out a 18month contract, its just too long, my original vario is 10 months old and looking very tired!

but with the 1st feb coming and some sort of 12 month, flex-t contract, and a nice new vario 2, im in for that!

hey_tim

hey_tim

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Devices:spv c550, Vario2, Vario3

first off,

if you go w&w first then to the flex-t 35 tarrif, the phone can be had for £40

im in the very same boat as you, but i couldnt take out a 18month contract, its just too long, my original vario is 10 months old and looking very tired!

but with the 1st feb coming and some sort of 12 month, flex-t contract, and a nice new vario 2, im in for that!

I just got the vario 2 on flex-t 25 for £60 (list 109) so you should be able to haggle a little more off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users