• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

memefifine

memefifine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:null
Cannot get my new dell axim to connect to the computer because of Zone Labs firewall. When I uninstall the firewall, it connects up fine, but then cannot connect when I reconnect the firewall. Looked at the microsoft internet help, and got half way through and then found it was on a different version of the firewall - I have the free downloaded version of Zone Alarm.
Does anyone know how to do this? I can see someone has dealt with a phone, but I'm not sure I understood their answer!
Many thanks in hope

jimbouk

jimbouk

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
  • Devices:HTC Diamond
What version of activesync are you using? The latest ones are a lot better at bypassing firewall issues. Otherwise, can you not see a list of blocked ports and apps in Zone alarm?

Touch HD runnign Dutty's latest rom

memefifine

memefifine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Cannot get my new dell axim to connect to the computer because of Zone Labs firewall. When I uninstall the firewall, it connects up fine, but then cannot connect when I reconnect the firewall. Looked at the microsoft internet help, and got half way through and then found it was on a different version of the firewall - I have the free downloaded version of Zone Alarm.
Does anyone know how to do this? I can see someone has dealt with a phone, but I'm not sure I understood their answer!
Many thanks in hope

memefifine

memefifine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Many thanks for your comments. I'm hoping this is a reply which gets to you as there seemed to be about 4 steps in making a response.
It's ActiveSync 4.1. Is ActiveSync 4.2 better? as I think there was an opportunity to get this in the microsoft website.

And yes, I looked in Zone Alarm, and next to the various parts of the ActiveSync programme there were pairs of question marks under the sections Access and Server. I did change these to ticks but it didn't make any difference so I changed them back again.

Thanks - your help is appreciated!
memefifine :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users