Application unlock for Monet

Guest bocsta

After trying too many options here's a summary

Run the "SP_AllowCertificateInstall.cab" file attached

Use the registry editor "regeditSTG2" attached to change

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies (then press "values")\ 00001001 = 2 -->Change the value data from 2 to 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies0001005 = 16 --> Change the value data from 16 to 40

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies0001017 = 128 --> Change the value data from 128 to 144

The following reg editors DONT work

REGEDIT

REGEDITSTG

SGS Explorer

A possible alternative could be to run the "SP_AllowCertificateInstall.cab"

And then the HTC application unlocker attached (which for me didnt work before I ran "SP_AllowCertificateInstall.cab" but does work after I've run "SP_AllowCertificateInstall.cab")

To ensure your phone is fully unlocked, run SDA_ApplicationUnlock on your PC (it is not meant to be run from Windows Mobile).

Make sure you re-boot your device before running SDA_ApplicationUnlock

SP_AllowCertificateInstall.cab

regeditSTG2.exe

HTCUnlock_CVS.zip

SDA_ApplicationUnlock.zip

• 3 months later...
Guest Confucious

Has no one else found this useful?

A BIG thank you to bocsta

I got my Lobster on saturday and couldn't instal my cert o sync with my server so ran the first cab which allowed me to install cert and sync - then used the regeditor to change the keys - the 3rd key was wlready changed (presumeably by the cab)

This post saved me a LOT of time and effort and is appreciated bocsta - even if no one else has bothered to say thanks!

[Edit] Now all I need to do is find out how to SIM unlock it - the SPV developer tool doesn't work :rolleyes: [/Edit

Edited by Confucious

Guest cjgarside

Hello,

I received my Lobster on Friday (04/05/07) and today is the first chance I've had to play with it.

I completely agree with confucious, the information provided by Bocsta has been amazingly helpful - thank you very much.

This was my first step in configuring my new smartphone and in my opinion one of the most important!

I am also stunned that few others have posted about this information.

My next step is (like you confucious) to try and sim unlock, let the battle commence.........

Thanks again Bocsta.

Guest bocsta

If you put £30 on your Virgin Sim .....Virgin will give you the unlock code

When I bought my Lobster it came with £30 worth of vouchers.....

So I put those straight on the phone, rang Virgin and said can you give me the unlock code

"yes sir...you have £30 of credit on your phone....no problem"

So I had not made one solitary call and Virgin gave me the licence to go somehwere else....

Of course I have £30 on a virgin sim I have never used....but I figure I'll use it next time I'm abroad on holiday

If my memory serves me right ....I was sent the unlock code in the post

Edited by bocsta

Guest majikminer

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies (then press "values")\ 00001001 = 2 -->Change the value data from 2 to 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies0001005 = 16 --> Change the value data from 16 to 40

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies0001017 = 128 --> Change the value data from 128 to 144

REGEDIT

REGEDITSTG

SGS Explorer

And then the HTC application unlocker attached (which for me didnt work before I ran "SP_AllowCertificateInstall.cab" but does work after I've run "SP_AllowCertificateInstall.cab")

To ensure your phone is fully unlocked, run SDA_ApplicationUnlock on your PC (it is not meant to be run from Windows Mobile).

I just wanted to say THANK YOU!!! I have an unlocked s620 that I could not get app unlocked using anything on the web. FINALLY after finding your post, (with a couple modifications for the s620 app unlock) SUCCESS!! TY :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rizla

Since SOME programs would have loaded and run before App Unlock but not others, how can I KNOW that the reason certain software WONT load and run is NOT because I haven't fully unlocked my Lobby.

Is there a sure-fire way of telling that it is FULLY unlocked, please?

Guest rizla
Since SOME programs would have loaded and run before App Unlock but not others, how can I KNOW that the reason certain software WONT load and run is NOT because I haven't fully unlocked my Lobby.

Being totally ignorant of all things Mobile/Smartphones/anything with a chip inside, can someone tell me what type of software I should be trying to install?

Is it ANYTHING Smartphone or ANYTHING Windows or what?

Also how do I know which progs need to be COPIED to the phone to be run by 'File Manager' and which need to be run on PC whilst Synced to lobby?

Guest miger1

REGEDIT

REGEDITSTG

SGS Explorer

I'm a bit confused with this,to be honest ------do i :

Run the attached and downloaded files off the device?

Run ''RegeditSTG2'' on the device?

What program opens ''SP_AllowCertificateInstall.cab'' ?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mondeodtdtd
I'm a bit confused with this,to be honest ------do i :

Run the attached and downloaded files off the device?

Run ''RegeditSTG2'' on the device?

What program opens ''SP_AllowCertificateInstall.cab'' ?

Help> Ive try the above BUT I still cant get it to work. HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Guest egosumpaul
Help> Ive try the above BUT I still cant get it to work. HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Just SDA runs from the PC or laptop. Rest of the programs should be loaded to your device, say memory or SDcard. the cab runs under the WM environment itself, so you don´t need any other app.

Luck!

Guest mondeodtdtd
Just SDA runs from the PC or laptop. Rest of the programs should be loaded to your device, say memory or SDcard. the cab runs under the WM environment itself, so you don´t need any other app.

Luck!

Ive ran all the progams. The SDA program says the phone is unlocked But Im getting a message "IS NOT A VALID WINDOWS CE app"

This is when I try to install any programs.

Thanks

Kev

Guest fr0st

Try using the Microsoft Device Security Manager PowerToy. It will tell you exactly what state your phone is in. There's a good explanation of how to use it here.

Guest sbitx
Try using the Microsoft Device Security Manager PowerToy. It will tell you exactly what state your phone is in. There's a good explanation of how to use it here.

followed these instructions to the letter. working perfectly, thank you very much.

ps. one thing i did note, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies0001017 = 128 --> Change the value data from 128 to 144

this was already 144 for me. but still working nicely.

regards,

Guest elback

REGEDIT

REGEDITSTG

SGS Explorer

wow!! this is really helpfull..thank you for you time to explained ..have a nice day!!

Guest userone

I did just this and it works perfectly:

Used the registry editor "regeditSTG2" and changed the following like in the first post:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies (then press "values")\ 00001001 = 2 --> Changed from 2 to 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies0001005 = 16 --> Changed from 16 to 40

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies0001017 = 128 --> Changed from 128 to 144

Then ran SDA_ApplicationUnlock from PC and re-booted.

Tomtom 5.2 installed and running smoothly. Great solution, many thanks to bocsta!

Edited by userone

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is my first post and I would just like to say a Big Thank You for this great bit of info/files, I've had my monet/lobster for a couple of months and was getting a bit fed up with it telling me this application is not suitable etc...but now that has been sorted out...many thanks again.... :)

wow!! this is really helpfull..thank you for you time to explained ..have a nice day!!

I did all the above, on a tmobile dash, and it still is not allowing gmail and opera mini to run. i have a nokia 5300 and a friends nokia 6086 that i completely unbranded, and that is what i was expecting here for the dash. i love opera mini, so if anyone has any ideas on how to unbrand the dash, please i would be greatful.

• 7 months later...

REGEDIT

REGEDITSTG

SGS Explorer

Would this work on HTC S730?