Hot on the heels of the Pocket PC release, monocube have now release their Smartphone version!
In their own words...
SafeMode is already one of my must have applications on Pocket PC, and is now sure to find it's way onto my Smartphones... I no longer have to hard reset my Pocket PCs due to unexpected problems with software... this will give me the same comfort on Smartphone!
SafeMode 2 for Smartphone was developed using the experience gained with SafeMode 2 for Pocket PC, and features an advanced Smartphone crash protection system:**- SafeDirect, an absolutely new feature, exclusive for the Smartphone version. This allows direct boot in and out of SafeMode, without additional soft resets. This is really important on Smartphones, where each soft reset takes a lot longer than on Pocket PCs.
- it's started very early (4th application - the first 3 are required Window Mobile applications) in the startup process, allowing a better control over what and when it's allowed to run.
- while entering SafeMode, it stops all known 3rd party application types, such as:
- Services - these are system applications; they are not visible with the task manager, and generally run in the background
- Startup applications - startup links, placed in "Windows\Startup"
- Home plugins - SafeMode 2 disables all Home plugins, replacing it with it's own interface, as a reminder you're running in SafeMode
- Pocket Internet Explorer plugins (such as MultiIE)
- Other extensions, found in system registry
You can read more at the SafeMode 2 for Smartphone homepage, where you can also download a trial or purchase the application for an insanely cheap $6.95, or $9.95 with the Pocket PC version included too!