mda c III gps!!!!!!

Guest bunceplumb

Guest bunceplumb

hi guys im new,just installed tomtom 6 on mda.software copied from sd card ok to micro card .this then installed ok to mda.the problem i have is i cant get gps to work .have tried com ports4 but no device found .could anyone running tomtom6 please post how they got gps to run.many thanks.ps tomtom software and updates all work just gps!!!!!!!!

hi guys im new,just installed tomtom 6 on mda.software copied from sd card ok to micro card .this then installed ok to mda.the problem i have is i cant get gps to work .have tried com ports4 but no device found .could anyone running tomtom6 please post how they got gps to run.many thanks.ps tomtom software and updates all work just gps!!!!!!!!

Mine wouldn't recognise the inbuilt GPS I tried all the Com ports available, until in frustration I tried using my old blue tooth GPS so I could at least try it and it then found the inbuilt GPS, mine is still turning on blue tooth when I fire up TomTom and finding the inbuilt GPS as "Other GPS" but it works...

Guest BrownSource

Might be stating the obvious but:-

1) Have you selected "other nmea receiver" > baud rate 4800 > COM4 ?

2) Have you updated quick gps? sometimes expired data slows down the TTFF

hope this helps