i-mate to release WM6 upgrade for JAQ3

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

i-mate will soon be releasing a Windows Mobile 6 upgrade for their JAQ3 device.

The JAQ3 device - detailed here - is a thin, landscape QWERTY Pocket PC, and joins it's SPL sister in receiving an update to the latest release of the Windows Mobile OS.

The JAQ3 is quite a nice device already, and when you add the improvements of WM6 into the mix, i-mate could be on to a winner!

P

thumb_12-Feb-2007_jaqwm6.gif

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest awarner (MVP)

If Imate have released the ROM update it will be on their website.

Another option is to contact them directly on their live support and see what they have to say.

• 4 months later...
Guest jetli

hi to all

i have an idea to install wm6 to imate jaq3.

1) download wm6 for UBiQUiO 501 (http://www.ubiquio.com/updates/501_WM6_V3.11.rar)

2) download JAQ3_English_VER_2.08_S0612120944_10.158_RUU.zip from ftp://ftp.clubimate.com/

3) run JAQ3_English_VER_2.08_ S0612120944_10.158_RUU.exe , and search in Computer this folder: RUUShop

4)copy it on the desktop

5) replace files WMIPL.DIP and WMUPDAT.DIP in RUUShop with files in 501_WM6_V3.11.rar

6) continue the installation of JAQ3_English_VER_2.08_ S0612120944_10.158_RUU.exe, or launch RUUShop.exe in folder RUUShop

7)follow the steps indicated

enjoy!!

and sorry for my english!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pros22

Hi Jetli,

I Followed your instructions below, neither of the two options work.

The message I receive is as follows:

"The IPL image file is invalid , please contact with the operator to fetch a new one"

Is there a way to overcome this?

Thanks

hi to all

i have an idea to install wm6 to imate jaq3.

1) download wm6 for UBiQUiO 501 (http://www.ubiquio.com/updates/501_WM6_V3.11.rar)

2) download JAQ3_English_VER_2.08_S0612120944_10.158_RUU.zip from ftp://ftp.clubimate.com/

3) run JAQ3_English_VER_2.08_ S0612120944_10.158_RUU.exe , and search in Computer this folder: RUUShop

4)copy it on the desktop

5) replace files WMIPL.DIP and WMUPDAT.DIP in RUUShop with files in 501_WM6_V3.11.rar

6) continue the installation of JAQ3_English_VER_2.08_ S0612120944_10.158_RUU.exe, or launch RUUShop.exe in folder RUUShop

7)follow the steps indicated

enjoy!!

and sorry for my english!

• 2 months later...
Guest holybear
Hi Jetli,

I Followed your instructions below, neither of the two options work.

The message I receive is as follows:

"The IPL image file is invalid , please contact with the operator to fetch a new one"

Is there a way to overcome this?

Thanks

This may be due to the IPL image files having a different name.

You could try renaming them to match the names in the original ROM and seeing if that works.

• 2 months later...
Guest Viet Nguyen Vu
This may be due to the IPL image files having a different name.

You could try renaming them to match the names in the original ROM and seeing if that works.

Could you detail more for how can i change the name to?

Thanks so much.

• 3 years later...
Guest mikeyjboy

if anyone can help me get you tube working via wifi on my jaq3 please write to me at [email protected] .

i would like to get this working properly. currently it has windows 5 and is as set from factory. You tube.cab does not work properly the video is all cut up and out of sinc with the voice.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.