ly.chand, on Feb 16 2007, 10:07, said:
I have TomTom Navigator 6, works great with my Palm T|X. But has anyone tried installing it on an MPx220?
TomTom HOME recognizes the MPx220, and it allows me to install the maps, voices, and Pocket PC software. Now I understand, I'm installing to a Smartphone, not a Pocket PC, but on the TTN6 box it clearly states that it works on Smartphones. Though, I don't see a Smartphone installation option anywhere in TomTom HOME.
Any help would be great! It's not really a big deal, just thought it'd be nice to have on both my Palm and my MPx220, as backup.
Of course, after trying a few different times to do this over the last couple months, just an hour after I posted here, I figured it out.
So...for anyone wondering how to install TomTom Nav6 on their MPx220:
- Connect either the MPx220 to your PC, or use a MiniSD card, and let TomTom HOME discover it.
- Install (copy) 'TomTom Application for Pocket PC', Maps, Voice, etc to MiniSD.
- Navigate to the '2557' folder on the MiniSD and copy the 'ttn2003.cab' file to your PC.
- Extract the 'ttn2003.cab' file into a new folder, name it 'TomTom6', or something to that effect.
- Create folders: 'Navigator' - 'Windows' - 'TomTom'
- Change the following file names:
TOMTOM~1.001 --> TomTom Navigator.exe
0000data.002 --> data.chk
TTN6BT~1.003 --> ttn6bt2003.dll
BtCoreIf.004 --> BtCoreIf.dll
BTSDKC~1.005 --> BtSdkCE30.dll
0TTToday.006 --> TTToday.dll
- Copy folder 'TomTom6' (or whatever you named it) back to the MiniSD Card.
- Navigate through the MPx220 in File Manager and launch: '\TomTom6\Navigator\TomTom Navigator.exe'
That should do it. Hope this helps someone out there. I know I've looked up and down the Net trying to find information on how this can be done. If you noticed, this is bascily just emulating the steps that '_setup.xml' goes through.
Now, I was only able to choose the map I wanted before it asked to be activated. So I still need to go home and get my device code before I can really test it.
It's up to you to find out how to pair with whatever BlueTooth GPS unit your using. I've successfully paired my MPx220 with my iBlue, but, as I said, still need to test it through TT. But I got it to run! That was step one.
- jC! [ly.chand]