Headset with Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)

Guest bccyr

I have the Cingular 3125 which supports the Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP).

I am looking for a Bluetooth Stereo Headset that supports A2DP.

I have Microsoft Voice Command, so would like a quality microphone.

I would like the ability to listen to music in stereo and at the same time receive and male calls.

I have looked at a few reviews for BlueAnt X5, Plantronics Pulsar 590A, Jabra BT8010, etc.

What I am looking for is advice from someone who has actually tried a stereo headset with the Cingular 3125.

Using Voice Command on the headset would be a plus. :)

The other concern I have is the numerous amount of registry tweaks to A2DP on different phones for different headsets.

I would like to know of a combination that specifically works with the Cingular 3125.

Edited by bccyr

I have the Cingular 3125 which supports the Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP).

I have looked at a few reviews for BlueAnt X5, Plantronics Pulsar 590A, Jabra BT8010, etc.

Can't really comment on the audio quality but there are numerous reports of the 590A headset falling apart after a short amount of time (plastic cracking etc)

I won a pair and did a bit of research about them before I opened the pack. Needless to say they were up on ebay after the 1st few reviews I read :)

gr

Edited by Guest

Guest stereoroid

I have an i-Tech BlueBAND headset, which I bought "on spec" along with my HTC S620:

Pluses:

• Well-built but not heavy
  • Decent isolation
  • Good volume

• I have to carry my phone on my right side, or my body blocks the signal!
    • Audio quality is not "reference" - some stereo imaging issues can make songs sound a little odd.

This is my first A2DP headset, so I don't know if the headset is to blame for the audio quality, to be fair. For my normal use - listening to rock music and podcasts while walking - it works very well indeed, I'm not going back to wires again.

I can't speak on the microphone quality, I almost never make voice calls any more. In general, a mike is no use to me unless it's right next to my mouth. I have no confidence something at my ear level is going to pick up my voice properly. Besides, if there's nothing near my mouth I look as if I'm talking to myself.

Edited by stereoroid

• 1 month later...
Guest jfreiman

If you're looking for a Bluetooth stereo headset with minimal cables - like we all are, SKIP THE PLANTRONICS PULSAR 260.

I just got mine in today and the cable is 43.5" long!

Too bad because the audio quality, while not as good as the corded variety was better than my Sony Ericsson DS970.

Oh, profile and setup went flawlessy on my T-Mobile Dash.

-John ;)

• 1 month later...