miniSD Memory Expansion

Guest Alkeli

Hi, I just ordered an MPx220 and I have a couple of questions about the memory. I tried the search function but it just brings me to a blank screen...

I can only find minimum of 1GB sticks locally, no one has 512MB sticks anymore

1) Will it still work if I put a stick bigger than 512MB?

2) Will the phone be able to use more than 512MB if I put a 1 or 2 GB stick in it?

3) Does the ROM firmware upgrade increase it's memory capacity?

Thanks again! I hope to be hangin out here more often.

Guest Mikew07

I have a 1 GB in mine

Hi, I just ordered an MPx220 and I have a couple of questions about the memory. I tried the search function but it just brings me to a blank screen...

I can only find minimum of 1GB sticks locally, no one has 512MB sticks anymore

1) Will it still work if I put a stick bigger than 512MB?

2) Will the phone be able to use more than 512MB if I put a 1 or 2 GB stick in it?

3) Does the ROM firmware upgrade increase it's memory capacity?

Thanks again! I hope to be hangin out here more often.

Guest 2ndsheepdog

It's been said around here that you can't put more than a 1 gig in these phones...it won't let you access all of the memory on more than a 1. I didn't feel like throwing any cash away, so I just stuck with a 1 myself.

Guest chronicle28

Hi, i have a one gig but it doesn't seem to work when i put it int he phone...neither does it show up when i plug it into my pc. Could someone tell me what to do? or if i have a defective memory card

Guest Alkeli

Ok, thanks guys! All the specs for the phone says it can expand to 512MB so I was wondering if that was the max. Glad to hear that it can use at least 1GB.

chronicle28, I agree with conan_troutman, if it doesn't show up in your PC, then it's fried.

I know these phones are 3 years old, but mine should be here Monday and I can't wait. I haven't used my old cell phone for like 4-5 years and it's the old black-and-white display with no graphics or anything. I just figured it was time for a new-er one.

I'll go out and buy a 1GB stick this weekend, but, is MicroSD and MiniSD the same? Or are they 2 different birds?

Guest conan_troutman

you want mini sd for the 220 microSD is like half the size again and won't fit but both fit into an SD card reader slot with there respective adapters

Guest Alkeli
you want mini sd for the 220 microSD is like half the size again and won't fit but both fit into an SD card reader slot with there respective adapters

Sweet, thx