I have a CAB file with my application that I want to put on a web site to be downloadable when page is open inside internet explorer running on a phone. The problem is that when I click on a link that points to this CAB file inside explorer on SmartPhone or PocketPC it is downloaded like a text file and is shown inside explorer window as funny text. I know that most writers deploy their applications by wrapping CAB into EXE that is downloaded on a PC and that is than run on that PC and installed on device connected to PC via ActiveSync. However I found at least 2 applications that managed to make their installations install when clicked on a link on a web page open in phone explorer (these are opera and picapage). Unfortunately I could not find a way to understand how they do it or to inspect their web page sources as their web server detects os/application type where request was made from so such page is shown only when requested from internet explorer running on a phone. What I did notice though is that they seem to use not a direct link but a dynamic one using cgi-like scripts. I'm looking for any information that can help understanding how this problem can be solved.
I hope I described the problem well enough for others to understand. If you can help please post to this thread or send me a PM.