What is the SPV C500 made out of?

Guest Toyota-F1.com

Guest Toyota-F1.com

Just wondering what the SPV C500 front facia is made out of. I'm positive it must be some sort of metal, as you can feel electricity when the phone's charging.

Guest The Doctor
Just wondering what the SPV C500 front facia is made out of. I'm positive it must be some sort of metal, as you can feel electricity when the phone's charging.

Plastic base with an aluminium covering thats painted

Phil

Guest Toyota-F1.com

Plastic base? You mean the bottom bit?

Let's split the whole phone into four parts: the front, the top bit at the back, the bottom removable cover at the back, and the silver border around the side of the phone.

Do you mean the front face is plastic with a paint that has aluminium in it? Or is it three layers, plastic + aluminium + paint? It feels like the other three parts are just plastic, is that right?

Thanks for your reply ;)

Guest The Doctor
Plastic base? You mean the bottom bit?

Let's split the whole phone into four parts: the front, the top bit at the back, the bottom removable cover at the back, and the silver border around the side of the phone.

Do you mean the front face is plastic with a paint that has aluminium in it? Or is it three layers, plastic + aluminium + paint? It feels like the other three parts are just plastic, is that right?

Thanks for your reply :(

Ok maybe i should've made my original a post bit clearer ;)

Battery Cover: Black plastic

Arial Cover: Black plastic with black rubber bung covering the antenna extension

Chassis (silver middle bit): Grey plastic sprayed with silver paint

Front bit: Its a grey plastic base with an aluminium 'cover' on top of it which is painted black (you can separate the two layers if you try hard enough)

Hope thats clearer! :D

Phil

• 11 months later...
Guest kirstygold
I'm positive it must be some sort of metal, as you can feel electricity when the phone's charging.

A bit late to come to this discussion, but I thought that it was just me this happened to! It didn't always do it tho, I'm sure it only started about 6 - 9 months ago.

K