Orange Data Bundles

Guest Shaunfarris

Guest Shaunfarris

Hi All,

I am so incredible p****d off with Orange (spit spit) all I seem to get these days when I phone them to find out if they can offer anything even close to T-Mobile for data, I get the standard response 'Yes we understand that T-Mobile data is very good, but i'm afraid we can't offer anything close to that, however if you would like to be put through to cancelations i'm sure they can discuss it further'

I have managed to get through to a few complete and utter liars who just say please bear with us and Orange will be very shortly introducing a new range of data packages.

This is so annoying as I have a 3G phone which unless I want to spend £88 a month for data use then I am unable to use the features it was sold to me as having.

So what I'd like to know is there anyone out there reading these forums who works for Orange and who is brave enough and has the balls to come on hear and tell us disgruntled Orange 'mugs' the 'Truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth'

Or is it part of the Orange employee contracts thats everyone should only be able to give 'Bull, the whole bull, and nothing but bull'

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Guest Confucious

Why are you still with Orange? What's wrong with T?

A few lucky people have got OWEU for £8 / month from Orange which is a good deal - if you can get itbut even then the only reason for staying with o is if you can't get reception on T.

T-Mob are so much better in every respect that I am suprised that they have any WM customers lefty at all - which is a shame as they were the ones who pushed the platformn in the first place, but, unless you are a megga high spender, they don't seam to want to know non business customers these days.

Guest Shaunfarris

I'm still with Orange for 2 reasons.

1. I'm on an 18 month contract that runs until December 8th 2007.

2. I've bought a PAYG T-Mobile sim, and its complete crap, never had much of a signal, absolutely nothing when at home, and got so fed up with continuolsy getting voicemail messages because no-one could ever get hold of me. Where as on Orange, I don't acually kno of anywhere that I've had no signal.

Why are you still with Orange? What's wrong with T?

Yeah I am still with O as well. Contract ends April 2007.

I would love to go to T on W'n'W and I know you can't sing their praises highly enough. ;) They do look like great tarrifs.

The one thing holding me back is T's lack of new WM devices.

Many months ago I fancied at Vario II but looking at what is available now/soon I am not sure I do.

The other one I liked the looks of is the Compact III (i believe) but I would prefer something with 3G and Wifi. I am also not convinced by the directional wheel on this one.

So that is why I am still at O without a decent data tarrif at the moment.

I really can't understand why they are not trying to improve this. Maybe the number of people leaving for T is not large enough (across the whole O network) to warrant any preventitive action by O.

Guest agoldfish

I'm in a similar situation here. I'm getting extremely frustrated with £80-90 bills when I actually use the phone for it's intended purpose.

I'm completely bewildered about why Orange haven't done anything about their data charging, it's not as if Tmobs web and walk deal is even that new any more. Orange are giving me (and from the sounds of it many other people) the impression that they frankly don't care about Windows mobile users.

I'm happy to give them a chance to change my mind but they are showing absolutely no signs of providing a reasonable solution to this.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Erk Drey

I was on the unlimited off peak data tariff and it was absolutely useless for me as in off peak times I am at home and have wifi, so I have grudgingly moved over to the 4 meg for 4 quid tariff and will have to be very very careful about how much data I use. What a waste of a 3g device.