If you own a Samsung BlackJack on Cingular, you'll be pleased to hear that you are entitled to receive an extended capacity battery, FREE of charge!
From this thread at HowardForums...
Overview: Due to the size of the Samsung Blackjack it was designed with a battery that would keep it at its ultra thin look. Because it is a 3G device and has a Windows operating system along with other battery draining features some customers may have experienced a shortened battery life. Samsung and Cingular have worked to produce a bigger battery. There is also a new back cover that looks awesome with the Blackjack. We wanted to make sure that we handle every customer that does have a concern about their Blackjack battery life. Cingular has launched a website that will address the customers concerns and does offer a battery replacement.
- Extended battery is also available as a free option for customers dissatisfied with battery life
- At&t is not overtly communicating this option. Should be used on a case-by-case basis.
- Customer needs to fill out a web form
- URL is http://www.web-rebat...gular/blackjack
- Needs IMEI, MIN and shipping address
- IMEIs between 352794010030189 - 352794012269959 are eligible for this offer
- Young America will process & fulfill
- Web site will be live Feb 16th 2007. Fulfillment process may take 2 to 4 weeks due to short supply of extended batteries